3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM
AhmedRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Fluid Change

When shall i change the brake fluid? i just thought about it since i am doing around 94,000 miles and didnt change it EVER!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

One of the most overlooked fluids tht should be changed or flushed rather, every 60kmi. Highway miles can go further.

I wouls say, pick up one large bottle of Valvoline Synthetic and start bleeding away. I wouls try to get as much out of the master cylinder and pour some fresh stuff in there. Then start at one of the rear wheels and have someone push the pedal as you open the bleeder screw. Do it just as you were bleeding air from the lines. When you notice a change in color, go to the other back tire, the go to the front tires.
I'm not entirely sure about the ABS module or if you even have abs?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:43 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to the local dealer, they can test it with little PH strips looking things that will show is the brake fluid is corroded.

Or

If you open the resivoir and it doesnt look like that sweet golden frest oil look, or cleaner, you might as well change it.

We have an awsome brake flush machineat work, it has a blow gun on a vacume to suck out the resivoir, then a will cap the fits on the resivior, and 4 lines that connect to each caliper at the bleed screws and it keep the resivoir full automatically while it sucks all the old fluid out of the brake lines, it takes about 15 minutes, its great.

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid Change