3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Volant cold air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
speedydog5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant cold air intake?

I,m sure it may have been asked, but how do the volant intakes compare to others(K&N etc) and what is the cheapest place to buy a volant , and what kind of gains if any with power and milege,I was thinking of the volant because they look like the best for fit and finish any input would be great

Old 02-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Mixitup98
Default RE: Volant cold air intake?

I have the Volant on my Ram, i also got the extension tube for the system which takes it all the way down to the front bumper, however i think you have to remove the fog light. I have't installed it yet, but i will have to check and make sure, cuz i don't want to remove the fog light. Anyways its a great system, it fits well, it looks nice, and its better quality than the K&N. I really don't think you can go wrong with the Volant. In terms of power the Volant is supposedly up there with the best, however i am not really sure of the exact power gains. No complaints from me on the Volant.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:20 PM
speedydog5

any others ,please ,looking to buy somthing soon

Old 03-05-2005, 10:44 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just judging from appearances. The Volant seems to pick up cooler air than the K&N and other kits that use the little shields to try and isolate the intake from underhood air. The Volant is nicer looking too IMO.

Quick Reply: Volant cold air intake?