3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

first time customizing...any help appreciated!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 PM
alphazulu19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time customizing...any help appreciated!!

imcurrently on my second tour in iraq and ive managed to save alittle money that id like to put towards fixing up my pickup....ive got a lot of questions though. So here goes. I have a 2002 lonestar quadcab. i would like to put on a roll pan without losing use of my aftermarket drop hitch? any suggestions besides the one with the flip license plate and additional hitch? i would also like to put on larger rims to fill up the wheel well, 22s or 24s. what all is involved with adding wheels this size? ie brakes spacers offset? finally anybody tell me the pros and cons of leveling kits versus a drop kit. Keep in mind for all these modifications id like to maintain as much of a budget as possible, kids are expensive these days...thanks in advance for any input.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Power_Stroke_This

Leveling Kits for a Dodge are good, depending on the brand.

It would be cheaper to apply a leveling kit than to lower your truck. Assuming that your truck is 4x4, you will be able to add bigger tires, possibly up to 35 inches. You will only need to work on just the front end, nothing in the rear. On the other hand, if you drop your truck you will need to adjust the front and rear. Seeing is how that year has Torsion bars, it might cause some anger.

My opinion, it is better to lift than to lower, because you will open more doors if you lift, you can do more to it, tires, wheels, fender flares, etc.

By the way, Thanks for your service, I wish i could have done it, but i can't hear very well out of my right ear, so the Air Force wouldnt take me. So i work in NASCAR and build toys like this for fun, then sell.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 PM
alphazulu19

no its two wheel drive

Old 12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick Reply: first time customizing...any help appreciated!!