3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

still looking... need some insight

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
85stangbanger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still looking... need some insight

Well i am still looking for me a new to me truck. I have looked at a few but have not decided what i want.. What i do want it a qc and the hemi in 2wd.. are thier any years or models that are better then others..which options and models should i stay away from..thanks guys again for all your help i have learned alot so far from you guys

Old 01-01-2009, 11:25 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

not sure of your price range, but a lot of dealers around the Houston area are still doing 50% off of the '08 models. You can get a brand new Hemi QC Laramie SLT for about $20K.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 85stangbanger
Well i am still looking for me a new to me truck. I have looked at a few but have not decided what i want.. What i do want it a qc and the hemi in 2wd.. are thier any years or models that are better then others..which options and models should i stay away from..thanks guys again for all your help i have learned alot so far from you guys
The 06+ 1500 hemi's have MDS (cylinder deactivation) but it's really a PITA and I tuned it out. The headlights and interior changed in 06 as well...not always for the better. 07-08 got the bug eyed tailights...they grow on you but I wasn't a fan at first.

If you buy used make sure you check the full operation of the HVAC...the blend/circulate doors are notorious for breaking and you have to tear the dash down to nothing to reach them. If the truck has a LSD you might want to have them pull the cover before you buy it.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If'n it were a 4x4, my choices would be for a 2500 with SFA first, then a '03-'05 because of the torsion bar front end (and no MDS), then an '06+.

But, since you are looking at a 2WD and it's gonna be a coil over anyway, you just gotta figure your budget and if you want MDS or not.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
85stangbanger
Amateur

yeah i not liking the mds at all.. I have been finding the 03-05 around here with less then 40's mile for the low 13' high 12's for the qc hemi. i know i could talk them down some more off of that.. I don't want high payments so i can really mod the truck to my liking.. I want to turbo it or supercharge later down the road after i build the motor with some supporting mods

Quick Reply: still looking... need some insight