3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Bar

Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

Attached Thumbnails Light Bar-lightbar.jpg  
Old 01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

I like the looks of this...who makes it?

Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

im gonna make a braket to mount 4 behind the grille

Old 01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

That picture is from the KC website, but it is way expensive....I know I have seen them for around $100 or so....

Old 01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySportRam
im gonna make a braket to mount 4 behind the grille
now that would be awesome
i saw a guy do that on a different forum he had 4 light force lights behind the grille. they were huge and 4 of them took up almost all of the space in there. reminded me of stadium lights they were so bright.

let us know if u do this as i would be interested in how it turns out.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

There's a light bar made by SmittyBilt for around $100 or so. Doesn't stick way out like some do. I'm looking into buying it very soon.

http://www.performance4trucks.com/Bu...pn=S%2fB120010

Old 01-01-2009, 10:38 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I saw that one but the description says 2 or 3 tabs. I want one that has 4 tabs.....

I want 4 Hellas dammit!! LOLOL

Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
bananafarmer
Professional

rssjib did you run the power for you hellas to the fog lights instead to the brights bc i want ot do that but i dndt know if that would work

Old 01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bananafarmer
rssjib did you run the power for you hellas to the fog lights instead to the brights bc i want ot do that but i dndt know if that would work
Check out the sticky section for the do-it yourslefers or in the Offroad section. I made an install guide for the lights which ran off a seperate switch and the upgrade to 100w bulbs. Sooooo much brighter than 55w bulbs that come with most lights. You cannot just change the bulbs without wiring, fuses, switches...etc. Check it out

One more thing about installing 4 lights in the grill or directly in front of the grill. When I installed my 2 6"lights I was actually worried about the restriction of airflow to all the cooling fins on the condensors, trans cooler, oil cooler, radiator...etc... There's a lot of cooling fin in that grill and if you start loading up the front of the grill with 4 lights, you'd better be aware of the cooling issue's than can arise in a warmer climate area. I'm not as worried since I live in NY, but if I lived in Florida or Georgia, I prob wouldn't even dare to install 4 lights infront of the grill.

It's been proven that Ambulences have overheating problems because of the added lights in the grill area. Just something I read a while back right from the manufatcurer themsleves

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-02-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Good point DD. But if I do it, the light bar is on the outside and the lights kind of sit in front of the bumper, not directly in front of the grill. I was going to take the ones I had behind the grill out. The one in the pic is for an example. I have seen one that sits a little bit lower than that one. Plus I think those lights are 8".

Bananafarmer - I wired the Hellas direct to the battery. I used the wiring that came with it that had a relay etc. I wired it direct so I could turn them on whenever I needed to. I just make ure I turn them off when I get out of the truck! LOL

Quick Reply: Light Bar