3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Jet stream scoop

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet stream scoop

My disclaimer: this is my first truck and I really dont know much about power gains or anything like that so if i sound retarded that is why.

I read a thread in the forum about throttle body spacers and after learning the are worthless someone mentioned getting a power wire from airram. I went to their website and came across the jet stream scoop. Has anyone used this scoop before? Does it do anything? Is it worth the 40 bucks they want for it? I have an 08 1500 Hemi with a Airraid CAI. Will this thing even fit, the Airraid system I have has the filter enclosed in a box, so would I have to modify the box to make it work? Thanks for any input you can give me.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The jet stream scoop is a universal product that just redirects air towards the stock filter box locateion. Since the Airaid box is very close to factory, then yes the scoop will help.

As far as the powerwire, it just fools the ecu into thinking your engine is colder than it really is. It's a resistor in a box...ohh, but which one...lol I personally would price the powerwire at $30. Don't know how much they get for that thing, but if you live in a cold weather area you will see no added benefit of the powerwire during those months. Only during the summer months. If I had to make any type of conclusion, I would save your money and buy e tuner. Either Superchips or Diablo Predator. Those will eliminate the need of the powerwire within itself. You will get more from a tuner for the money than any other mod combination out there..IMO

Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Smile

Thanks for your input I have just bought the diablo and as soon as I get back I am going to install it. You just saved me 100 bucks man thanks.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, you'll be very pleased with that tuner. Just load in the 91octane tune and be done with it. It will give the the over all power kick and gain you better gas mileage. The 87 tune and 93 tunes have worse mileage. I tried both. The 93 tune I didn't notice much if any diff than the 91 tune.

You def don't need the powerwire if you have the tuner. The jet scoop may help a little bit, like 2hp...lol
I have 6" foglights in my grill, if I keep on clogging up my grill with extra stuff my radiator and other cooling acessories are going to starve for cool air. Gotta keep it to a minimum. Just a few thoughts.
Also, the power wire is just more than a resistor, but in hinds sight for the knowledgeable, that's basically all it is. It just takes the guesswork out if you aren't sure what to do. A simple resistor will actually raise the temp of your IAT sensor and retard timing. But who cares, you don't need it.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:53 PM
marv02
Captain

I got suckered in to buying a jet scoop save you're money it's cool looking but not worth the $40.00 bucks for a plastice scoop that most likly cost them $3.00 bucks to make.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by marv02
I got suckered in to buying a jet scoop save you're money it's cool looking but not worth the $40.00 bucks for a plastice scoop that most likly cost them $3.00 bucks to make.
Try .30cents Plastic is up, but it's not that expensive...lol

Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Smile

i guess it wouldnt make any sense for me to buy the scoop, I have ordered a ram air hood and that should do more that the scoop right? Thanks for you help, I almost bought both.

Quick Reply: Jet stream scoop