3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling question?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 PM
hemidel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling question?????

Alright. I just got my 2004 dodge ram 1500 4x4 leveled today. It didnt take the local 4x4 store to install it, but, it took forever to get a wheel alignment. Has anybody with a 3rd. gen ram have to install a CAM BOLT KIT to adjust the camber. Obviously I never knew I needed it, but the place said it is needed to adjust the camber. They mentioned that they could align it, but only the toe. Has anybody experienced this. Also, after leveling the front, does it take a while for the shocks to re-adjust to the new height. Im having the shocks bottom out on bumps. Im just wondering because I have a set of bilstein shocks being shipped to me and I wanted to if that would fix the problem. Any info would help. Thanks....

Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, the camber adjustment is very slight, if it's way out of whack, a cam bolt kit is often used.
No, your shocks will not "adjust", you will need longer shocks...

Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM
badblackram06
Veteran

yes they changed it in 06. i lowered my 06 ram and they thought i needed it and scared me with a 250 dollar estimate but ended up i already had camber bolts. About the shocks you will only need longer shocks to keep them from bottoming out

Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

If you ordered OEM size Bilstein shocks you're gonna be upset when it doesn't solve your problem. You're going to need to order extended shocks in the front to stop the bottoming out.

Quick Reply: Leveling question?????