3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lamp Out Warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
BayouBill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamp Out Warning

My 2003 extended cab slt is haunted? I have had trouble with the lamps in my truck. With the help of this forum, I found that one of the rear light strips seemed like it was slightly burned. I replaced it and most of the dinking went away. Only on a rare occasion will the award dink once or twice.

I was thinking yesterday morning about how the light problem might have gone away. At noon, I left work to go to lunch and you would have thought we were under nuclear attack. The dash board was constantly dinging with the lamp out message on. I want to shoot myself.

I checked the truck over. I found that the dome light, not the overhead console lights does not work. I don't see how to open the dome light to look at the bulb. I pulled on it, but I didn't want to damage it.

Also, the red brake light in the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp works but the two white lights on either side do not work. What do they do? They look like extra back-up lights. Can someone tell what they do so thatI can check them. I did put the truck into reverse. They did not come on.

I need help.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

Originally Posted by BayouBill
Also, the red brake light in the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp works but the two white lights on either side do not work. What do they do? They look like extra back-up lights. Can someone tell what they do so thatI can check them. I did put the truck into reverse. They did not come on.
Cargo lights? Is there a "cargo" label on/near the headlight switch, or elsewhere?

Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM
BayouBill

They are Cargo Lights! Thank you. Now how do I change out the dome light without breaking it? I pull on it to the point that it might break. I know that it is simple. Help.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:57 PM
BayouBill

The problem was the dome light. You would have thought WWIII had broken out because I did not have a dome light. May the Chrysler/Dodge engineer who came up this system have perpetual jock itch.

Quick Reply: Lamp Out Warning