3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Homemade CAI Heat Shield

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wherebouts in VA are you? I used to be in a 'wheelin "club", and those boys know all the spots. We did a lot of camping at a place called Shoecreek, great spot. Couple miles of wheelin trails with camping spots off to the sides. It was awesome to sit by the fire, throwing back some cool ones, and waiting for the next rig to come by. This was up near Wintergreen, about 1hr from where I am.

There's a couple other spots, but Im not too terribly familiar with them. I always just hit a mudhole here locally, right off Wards Rd. Until I hydrolocked the motor in my Ford. Hitting a HUGE hole at 10mph= not tooo good

BTW- nice setup on the heatshield. Dont you love doing custom stuff that saves money? Im slowly getting the hang of things...

Old 01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
BrianD215
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
wherebouts in VA are you? I used to be in a 'wheelin "club", and those boys know all the spots. We did a lot of camping at a place called Shoecreek, great spot. Couple miles of wheelin trails with camping spots off to the sides. It was awesome to sit by the fire, throwing back some cool ones, and waiting for the next rig to come by. This was up near Wintergreen, about 1hr from where I am.

There's a couple other spots, but Im not too terribly familiar with them. I always just hit a mudhole here locally, right off Wards Rd. Until I hydrolocked the motor in my Ford. Hitting a HUGE hole at 10mph= not tooo good

BTW- nice setup on the heatshield. Dont you love doing custom stuff that saves money? Im slowly getting the hang of things...
I live in Northern Suffolk, right near the bay. There is nothing around here it seems. I have a friend with a farm out in Chase City, VA. But that's about 3 hours away and riding the same pretty easy trails is only fun for so long.

And yes, it always nice to save a little money. And getting to call something "custom" is always a nice little bonus.

Quick Reply: Homemade CAI Heat Shield