3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit ??

I can't really tell if my 06 Mega Cab is dipping in the front, i see most people getting the leveling kit, to fit "35" tires on there quad cabs and mega cabs. Either i am blind or i can't see mine dipping in the front, for the most part it looks level.... I would like to move up to 35's in the summer.... Is there a bargain body lift kit out there for the dodge 4x4's???

Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Check out Fat Bob's Garage for leveling kits. If you level just the front, the kit is not very expensive - about $40 - $60 for the spacers. But you have to install it or pay someone to have it installed. Once installed, you will need to get a front end alignment.
Overall, not too shabby though.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 AM
megablacktank
Professional

yeah i got my leveling kit from fat bob's, went with the steel level though not polyurethane. also installed it myself and did have it aligned. your megacab may not look as if it is dipping in the front but it is. my brother put a leveling kit on his 2500 quad cab and his truck looks as if it sits higher up than mine but it does not. that is because our trucks are so much more longer it is tuffer to see. but trust me it dips. parked next to bosses megacab and can see leveled versus not leveled.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:48 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

does the megecab have the 2500 suspension? th ebest leveling kits are the steel or aluminum spacers that sit on top of the strut assembly no need to take the spring/strut assembly apart for this. these spacers should only take 2 hours at the most to install and are easy todo with no special tools ( do not need spring compressor). the other spacers that sit on top of the spring but under the strut assembly top plate are more of a pain in the a$$ to install as you need a spring compressor and have to take apart the whole strut assembly to do it. if you can find the steel ones get those.

rssjib they are seeling the topguncustomz.com 2.5 steel spacers for 479.99 for your truck right now you should get them. dont get the daystar urethanes. youll be better off with the steel ones.

Last edited by nickahern1; 01-22-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

and yes yuo can fit 35s on there with justthe leveling kit. going the body lift/leveling kit would be cheaper way to get lift than a suspension lift too. performance accessories makes the body lift for you truck that would lift it 3 inches for around $450-$500. you will always want wheel well liners to hide the ugly look of the frame which are a few hundred.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You prob don't motice anything because you've got so much crap hanging off your truck in extras...lol j/k

I like the stance of factory. I think the leveling kit puts the front too high actually. Then when you put so much as a screwdriver in the bed, the truck looks like it has 1,000#'s back there. Not really, but you get my drift.
If you don't notice it, leave it be. If you want a nice cheap look and fit 35's, I would suggest getting a 3" body lift. They are super cheap, it will set your truck up in the air and allow you to run your 35's.
I have seen a few people that want to get better mpg's out of their ram yet they get a leveling kit?WTF? Dodge actually had testing done and proved that even 1" lift in the fron created a loss of 1mpg at highway speeds. That's why use of airbags when towing a trailer is very beneficial.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

thats why you get helper springs in the back too .... mine doesnt sag that much with my crf450 in the back at all.

and the ones that get mods to "help mpgs" are denying the fact they want there truck to perform better. nobody buys a truck with mpgs in mind and if you do theres something wrong there. i mean sure id love it if my truck could get 25 MPGs but it aint going to happen and im ok with that. im happy to see 15 on most days and i have all the bolt on thats people get and say they get it because it helps mpgs. the sc 3815 helped the mpgs the best haha maybe 1-1.5 mpgs better...

Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by nickahern1
thats why you get helper springs in the back too .... mine doesnt sag that much with my crf450 in the back at all.
screw that. I want to keep all my teeth and have a comfortable ride. Have your teeth chattered out of your mouth yet?...lol
My buddy has helpers and his truck rides like a shortbox 3500 if there was such a thing!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i dont have the helpers in there im just saying. well if you get teh airbag helpers its better haha. my bike is light and my truck doesnt sag too much at all in the rear with it loaded. i want air bag helpers and a 3 inch body lift soon.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

I have 250#'s of sand in my bed for the winter. Can't even notice any sag until you get over 300 or so then it starts to tilt sligthly. Your bike is prob no more than 600lbs, so your fine without. Actually, I bet your truck sits like it has a leveling kit when your bike is back there....lol

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit ??