3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

unstable idle rpm doge ram 1500 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
ringnalda506
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unstable idle rpm doge ram 1500 2006

Hi everyone

I’m an owner of a 2006 dodge ram 1500 v8.
I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the following problem.

The first start of the day(temperatures around 70 degrees F . the engine runs very unstable!
The rpm fluctuates and there is very slow or almost no throttle response.
After like 1-2 minutes this problem stops.

In the morning when the temperatures are much higher or when the truck has been in the sun for a while. the LPG system kicks in immediately and I do not have these problems.

I have tried using an additive to clean the fuel (which is not of the highest quality here in Costa Rica) and that only solved the problem slightly.

Every once in a while the check engine light comes on (when the problem is the worst!!) and after a few hours or the most one day it turns of again.
I do not have an ODB reader and going to the dealer will be a last resort because they charge top dollar (Colones here in Costa Rica) just to listen to you!!

I any one knows how to get the ODB results from the onboard diagnostics without using the reader it would be greatly appreciated.
Also if anyone has or had the same problems please try to help me

Thanks

Peter

Quick Reply: unstable idle rpm doge ram 1500 2006