3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge ram 1500 hemi with srt-10 hood ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
tjt603
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
The cold air kit was the first post I made? WTF?
and i seen your first quote and iam not paying 700 for a intake system, so ill keep looking ....

Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tjt603
and i seen your first quote and iam not paying 700 for a intake system, so ill keep looking ....
First of all it's $654. $46 shy of $700...lol
2nd, you will have to buy an SRT-10 intake in order to make a scoop functional anyways. You stated that you wanted a good cold air intake for that hood and never mentioned anything about price. So how was anyone suppose to know? I posted up a good cold air kit exactly as you had asked for. Also, the Mopar one is $285 which isn't far from the Volant and I think the Volant is a nicer set-up.

3rd, a Thanks but no thanks would have sufficed. Not stating that I posted up the wrong crap trying to help YOU out. I just love the people that ignore the helpful facts if it won't do them any good. Drives me nutz! Hence the wtf. Clearly your a noob and haven't had the chance to help others out and have them do that to you. I'm sure you would agree with me if that were the case.

I posted this in another thread and didn't even realize it because the picture is decieving. Here's the Volant much cheaper on Egay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123 It's actually cheaper than the Mopar one!

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-24-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Prices will only get "SO LOW"

First of all it's $654. $46 shy of $700...lol
2nd, you will have to buy an SRT-10 intake in order to make a scoop functional anyways. You stated that you wanted a good cold air intake for that hood and never mentioned anything about price. So how was anyone suppose to know? I posted up a good cold air kit exactly as you had asked for. Also, the Mopar one is $285 which isn't far from the Volant and I think the Volant is a nicer set-up.

3rd, a Thanks but no thanks would have sufficed. Not stating that I posted up the wrong crap trying to help YOU out. I just love the people that ignore the helpful facts if it won't do them any good. Drives me nutz! Hence the wtf. Clearly your a noob and haven't had the chance to help others out and have them do that to you. I'm sure you would agree with me if that were the case.

I posted this in another thread and didn't even realize it because the picture is decieving. Here's the Volant much cheaper on Egay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360077663215&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123 It's actually cheaper than the Mopar one!
Agreed, people ask for advice and help. To kick the guy helping you out, taking his free time to look up stuff for you then to dis em is kinda messed up.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
tjt603

Originally Posted by semigod
Prices will only get "SO LOW"

Agreed, people ask for advice and help. To kick the guy helping you out, taking his free time to look up stuff for you then to dis em is kinda messed up.
first off no one is dissing any one iam glad he helped me out .. but all this wtf!!! is uncalled for ... thanks for the help everyone

Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

everyone needs to chill out. if someone asks for a picture of a black truck, you dont post up pics of black, red, white and blue. you post black. seriously now. i dont think there's a need for any finger pointing, when there was a question ask with an answer and them some. he already said he had the hood, so i really dont think its his fault.

Last edited by mdram43; 01-24-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

first off no one is dissing any one iam glad he helped me out .. but all this wtf!!! is uncalled for ... thanks for the help everyone
you arent kidding

Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
yhike
Professional

I could not agree more this is suppose to be a fun place to come to get information.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have been a member for longer than like 2 days you would understand the WTF is more of a are you kidding kind of deal with me. I say it how it is and I don't get all bent outta shape for silly things. I think everyone's making this a bigger deal than it should be.
Let's all get past that point and find a solution to the original question!

The pure fact is that you aren't going to get any SRT-10 intake kits for like $100. They do cost money. The only thing I found was what is posted and ofcourse being the SRT-10 and rarity of them, they run a couple hundred bucks.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
tjt603

If you have been a member for longer than like 2 days you would understand the WTF is more of a are you kidding kind of deal with me. I say it how it is and I don't get all bent outta shape for silly things. I think everyone's making this a bigger deal than it should be.
Let's all get past that point and find a solution to the original question!

The pure fact is that you aren't going to get any SRT-10 intake kits for like $100. They do cost money. The only thing I found was what is posted and ofcourse being the SRT-10 and rarity of them, they run a couple hundred bucks.

oh i like the volant you found. i guess what ill do is buy the intake system first then save for the other part....

Old 01-24-2009, 08:34 PM
yhike
Professional

You might want to consider the Vararam http://www.vararam.com/hemi.html For the money I think it would be better intake for the buck. I just don't think the srt hood is going to pull that much air in.

Quick Reply: dodge ram 1500 hemi with srt-10 hood ????