3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

auto start not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:06 PM
74charger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto start not working

i have a quinn autostart on my 2003 1500 so its not from factory and it always worked fine and then all of a sudden stopped it will still unlock my doors though is this just a blown fuse or something else ? it stopped working the day after this person bumped into me in a parking lot it worked fine the rest of the night and then the next day nothing. If this is a fuse where would the fuse be i checked all the ones that say ignition and there fine

Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Well since your locks still work you can rule your antenna out. There could be a fuse but generally your locks won't work as well. Generally speakin as I'm not familiar with Quinn. You may have an issue with either your programming or steering console module. I would pop off your surround to your steering console and see if the ring is still around the aignition cylinder. it's possible that it may have come untaped or loose and fell off? If that's not the problem, do you have a key in a box or is it a keyless system. I know you prob don't know, but the only way to find out is to get iside the column.
What color keys do you have? Black or gray
First locate the module (prob tucked up and ziptied under the driver side dash). See if you can locate the cover and see if there is a fuse door. Also, check your cigar fuse and see if it's still functioning

Quick Reply: auto start not working