3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

snorkle or other options for air intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Common sense can carry you a long way. Seems like you were blessed with it, for the most part

I, unfortunately, did not have that switch on "that" night.

That splash-up you were referring to a couple posts back is what my deal breaker was. The water went at least to the top of the windshield. I thought the distributor had gotten wet, as usual (def not the first time I went deep). Nah...... I ran home, grabbed the tools, and yanked the plugs out, hoping I could turn the motor over. Nope, the plugs were muddy!!! I bet I bent every pushrod in that dam thing.

Oh well, lesson learned. The license plate read "BGTMFUN" , and thats how it went out....

Now my dodge, that has a couple years before it sees action like that. I just have to give up wheelin' for a while. Not so much that my truck is too nice to abuse it (well, it is to me...), but I pay just too dam much to potentially beat it up. Good luck with the 2wd wheelin. You're more confident than I ever would be

Old 01-25-2009, 11:03 PM
74charger
Veteran

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
Common sense can carry you a long way. Seems like you were blessed with it, for the most part

I, unfortunately, did not have that switch on "that" night.

That splash-up you were referring to a couple posts back is what my deal breaker was. The water went at least to the top of the windshield. I thought the distributor had gotten wet, as usual (def not the first time I went deep). Nah...... I ran home, grabbed the tools, and yanked the plugs out, hoping I could turn the motor over. Nope, the plugs were muddy!!! I bet I bent every pushrod in that dam thing.

Oh well, lesson learned. The license plate read "BGTMFUN" , and thats how it went out....

Now my dodge, that has a couple years before it sees action like that. I just have to give up wheelin' for a while. Not so much that my truck is too nice to abuse it (well, it is to me...), but I pay just too dam much to potentially beat it up. Good luck with the 2wd wheelin. You're more confident than I ever would be
Yeah your's is alot nicer then mine, mines just a stock 03 1500 st wasnt in the greatest shape when i bought it. Had some dings and dents but it only had 70,000km on it (44,000 miles) which for a truck that was 5 years old when i bought it was pretty low miles i thought it was a good deal. And i knew what i was buying it for so im not worried about scratching it or denting it, in fact i already put a soccer ball sized dent in my front fender front a nice tree lol. Im probably just gonna pop the dent out myself and black my truck out anyways with some flat black paint. I think it would look pretty sweet and hide alot of the damages i do to it aswell lol

Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
matthewbeard
Veteran

same here, just got this '02. maybe when its payed off i will wheel it some, mostly thinkin towards getting a '76-'84 Yota 4x4 to do my wheeling with and trailer the bitch with my ram. this '02 even tho only cost me $6k is like a frikin luxury truck compared to my old one.

ohh well got other bills, and going on a deployment this july to the desert -ps. im in the mil.- and the money i make from that will pay off the truck.

only fun my new truck sees right now is all the snow on the roads in South Dakota

Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
matthewbeard
Veteran

yeah i was lucky when i sunk my Dakota. pulled the plugs and she turned over once i got all the water out managed to limp her home. only perm damage i found was a chipped tooth or 2 on the flywheel which every once in a while when the starter would hit it would grind real bad - im talking like 1 in 200+ starts.

Quick Reply: snorkle or other options for air intake