3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID kit dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
mellino19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcollins
This is when I stopped reading.
if you read the part about me being to pissed off to search you'd get it...w/e though idc there are plenty of other people who can lend a hand and help out

Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
pcollins
Veteran

"too pissed off to search?" I get pissed off working on the truck all the time, but I have enough resolve to still run a search before cluttering up the forum

I am really happy that people are helping you with your problem, but as a warning - You shouldnt say things like "there are plenty of other people who can lend a hand and help out", implying that the guys on this board owe you their advice. I would recommend the next time you make a post that you ask for everyone's help, rather than expect it.

Good luck with the HIDs

Last edited by pcollins; 01-28-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Bankrupt Cusoms
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM
mellino19
Rookie

Ok so I finally put the resistors in on the lights and my low beams work.....somewhat

the hi beams just don't work at all, they flicker on and off real quick every 2 seconds

the low beams stay on now but while I'm driving they're shut off and turn back on in a quick flicker every now and then, then they will shut off for a bit and I get to panic while driving and shut my lights off and turn em back on real fast lol. Just hope they dont shut off and stay off while I'm out...

Anybody know what the deal is or would I be better off just ripping them outta my truck, returning them, and saving for a real kit that doesnt have downs?

Thanks guys

Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
bigpappaholt
Veteran

I orderd a set of these for my truck and should be here today. did you get the warning code eliminators from them? "Warning Code EliminatorSome cars will generate a bulb out warning message or even turn the headlight/foglights off when connecting HID to them. Our cancellation modules fool the computer in the car and allow the HIDs to work flawlessly."
i ordered them with my kit.... ill let you know how things work out when i get them installed (hopefully tonight) Also i would not consider these cheap, i have ddm in my motorcycle and they work perfect.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

actually, adding a resistor that takes up 25W will do the job. It's a band aid, but it will do it.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
mellino19
Rookie

I did the 25W 100 ohm resistor and it only made the low beams work, but they still shut off once in awhile when I drive so Idk what the problem is...

bigpappaholt if those work with it let me know and you'll be a saint lol, I didnt think I needed them at first and of course after I looked I saw that it said "may be needed for chrysler or mercedes vehicles" so basically it was stupid on my half. But my dad also e-mailed and called 2 places and they said I dont need it so that's also a mistake on their behalf

basically if the warning code eliminator makes the lights work perfectly then I'll buy it and hopefully be done with this annoying pain in the @$$ of a problem haha

I just hope right now it actually is my low beams on because I've had 2 ppl alright flash their high beams at me because my lights are BRIGHT (6000k 55w) and flood the road with light haha. But they must be fine cuz I went by a cop and it went right in his window and he didn't do anything so I'm all good...unless it was my cousin and he didn't care lol

Thank you guys for all the help and input

Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
wshtb
Amateur

FYI: a 100ohm resistor on 12v DC consumes 1.44 watt.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Bankrupt Cusoms

I dont know who came up with this resistor idea, but they have obviosly have no history in electroins check the link I posted a few posts agohttps://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-sa...icker-fix.html

Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
mellino19
Rookie

got the halogens in again...

Quick Reply: HID kit dilemma