3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with gas milage 2003 4.7l

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009 | 11:26 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

dumb questions?!?! just want to make i know what im talking about... so, what was i talking about?

picture... true, wife and 2 year boy.

I got tired of everybody else having cool picture and marquis in the sig....

Old 02-02-2009 | 11:34 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven

I started driving with my tow haul on ALL THE TIME, EVEN ON FREEWAY. I drive with my tow haul on the freeway, at 70-75, and maintain 2300 rpm.
Driving with your Tow/Haul mode on only changes the shift points of your transmission. When your on the highway, it just takes that much longer to shift into overdrive. Yup, overdrive works with your tow/haul mode. O/D off is the only feature that turns off your overdrive. The overdrive off is the only thing that can put you and keep you up in the rpms for the entire time on the highway. Just thought you should know. This is classic example of people influencing and manipulating their own mind for things that would have otherwise happened anyways. You have just been easier on the gas is why your getting better mileage.

Quick Reply: Help with gas milage 2003 4.7l