3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino Liner or Linex?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
RAMJEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more reply

Rhino Liner or Linex?-181488488207_0_alb.jpg

Rhino Liner or Linex?-840788488207_0_alb.jpg

I have a 2007 qc short bed. I paid with tax about 700 for linex including over the rails and - (200) COLOR MATCH. My truck is mineral gray and the linex is mixed in with factory paint and looks great. Best thing I will probably ever do with my truck. I did (cosmetically) scratch it with a tiller blade - (it was a rough landing in my bed) and the dealer fixed it right up. Can't even tell. They have a lifetime warranty and stand by it. I have not heard one bad thing about Linex. Im sure Rhino is good too. The color match is really what sets them apart.......I will try and post a pic of the color match.

Last edited by RAMJEN; 02-02-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
MikeFarm
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Line-X all the way. I saw a sample of the Rhino and it was much softer and had high-low spots on the liner. The Line-X is very even and the shop did a top notch job. I had to pass quite a few Rhino dealers on the way but I'm glad I did...

Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
sos
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had Rhino on two trucks now and I like it. It does get a little less shiny after a couple of years, but it doesn't bother me. As for the uneven application MikeFarm mentioned, I think that's a factor of the experience of the people applying it. Best thing to do is to look at some of the actual trucks the dealer has done - stop by some afternoon before people pick up their trucks and check them out. I would do that with either brand, or even better, both if they are in your area. See for yourself which one you like the looks of better. I think either one will give the same protection, so it's more a matter of personal preference as to which look and texture you like.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM
MikeFarm
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what SOS said makes sense, stop by and check it out, really you are the one that has to live with it...

I will say the places I called that were Rhino dealers were just like "so you want to schedule an appointment or not?" Line-x were very knowledgeable and really tried to explain the product and felt like they believed it was truely a better product. this was my experience calling multiple dealers of both...

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner or Linex?