3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need to ask about my 05 at 45k miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
eltupac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need to ask about my 05 at 45k miles

So my engine started rattling on Friday. I noticed that there was excessive leaking of some pinkish liquid, most of it sprayed all over the engine bay. So I takes it to the dealership, they checks the truck and find that the pump is abouts to gos. I'm under 7/70, but there's a $100 ded. I'm theres already, no PC to check online to see how hards of a jobs this is. I gives in. Then, he says to me, about a coolant flush, he pictures this dread story abouts how if this pump can go at 45k miles, then without a coolant flush, other parts can go too. Now, I'ms againsts a wall here, cause nows I really wish I can comes here and ask. How much, $100 for a flush, plus $100 for ded. I figures is all under warranty, its a Dodge dealership, anything happens I can always comes back. But now, I gots me thinking right, was I dupped outta $100 bens. I mean, didnt they haves to flush the system anyway to get to the pump? The pump was abouts $70 bucks at the local auto parts, but the work to get the fan off the pulley, I thinks its worth the $30 bucks. Please tell me that I wasnts dupped. I swears, if I was robbeds $100 in this economy, I hope nobody bails Chrysler out.

PS- my headlight switch died at 41k miles. Nice and Expensive vinyl sear ripped at 38k.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by eltupac
So my engine started rattling on Friday. I noticed that there was excessive leaking of some pinkish liquid, most of it sprayed all over the engine bay. So I takes it to the dealership, they checks the truck and find that the pump is abouts to gos. I'm under 7/70, but there's a $100 ded. I'm theres already, no PC to check online to see how hards of a jobs this is. I gives in. Then, he says to me, about a coolant flush, he pictures this dread story abouts how if this pump can go at 45k miles, then without a coolant flush, other parts can go too. Now, I'ms againsts a wall here, cause nows I really wish I can comes here and ask. How much, $100 for a flush, plus $100 for ded. I figures is all under warranty, its a Dodge dealership, anything happens I can always comes back. But now, I gots me thinking right, was I dupped outta $100 bens. I mean, didnt they haves to flush the system anyway to get to the pump? The pump was abouts $70 bucks at the local auto parts, but the work to get the fan off the pulley, I thinks its worth the $30 bucks. Please tell me that I wasnts dupped. I swears, if I was robbeds $100 in this economy, I hope nobody bails Chrysler out.

PS- my headlight switch died at 41k miles. Nice and Expensive vinyl sear ripped at 38k.
they should have flushed when they replaced the pump.
chrysler dealerships&customer service= ********!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM
eltupac
All Star

So I was ripped off.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

it should not have been extra. My dealer tried kindof the same thing with me. pulled the engine out to rebuild 2 cylinders, then told me I had to pay for the oil change even though they had to drain it all out. They ended up doing it, and some other services, for free. Just as they should have in your case. Go back and talk to the service manager. It made a huge difference at my dealer, they said they really wanted me as a repeat customer so they made it right.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
eltupac
All Star

I calleds other dealers rounds here. They tolds me the same thing. Flush is additional. I read the f'ing manual and it says flush before servicing, but they wonts do it. What bastards. I swears, I knows everyone is hurtings but man, how do you expect people to buy another dodge when their service sucks and on tops of thats, their service is more frequent than any other car out there. F'ING A!

Edit: Flushing <> drain, if this is true, they are still freaking a's!

Last edited by eltupac; 02-09-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: talking to dealers
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

My pump went bad as well, 50.00 deductible. Yeah an 04 with a bad water pump @ 60k, never thought. I paid for a new T stat and serpentine belt and it was put on free of charge. However, the jokes on me because they put in straight coolant and no water so I had to drain coolant out and put in distilled water.

They are always about nickeling and diming the customer. I will always try to do the work myself with the good advice on this forum but if its covered under warranty, you might as well get it fixed. Just make sure you dont take them on there word and check up behind them.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

yeah my dealer put in a thermostat, plugs, etc as long as I paid for the parts and they paid for the labor. in the long run, they put it all under the warranty work, and I paid the $100 ded. and walked out. it would be different if you went there for an oil change or something, and decided to have the coolant flushed. then you should have been charged. But the warranty part is what caused the trip to the dealer in the first place. otherwise your coolant would have been fine. did you ask if they saved the coolant they drained so you had the option of re-using it? thats what i did about the oil change thing. they said well, no, we dont save the fluids. I said okay then, replace it for free since i didnt have a say-so in it. that was my argument, and they went above what they said and I walked away happy.

Quick Reply: Need to ask about my 05 at 45k miles