3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust installation ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
bwall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust installation ?

I have been looking at straight dual exhaust rear exit for my 05 Hemi. I'm new to the dodge ram. I have been reading on this and other forums, but have not found the information to make me decide yet. I'm looking into gibson dual split, magnaflow dual and dynomax dual. I would like something with some good sound outside the cab and minor inside the cab. I don’t want it to quiet outside, but then again not loud as hell. I have a few questions involving the installation too.

I just picked up the K&N 77-1533KP to add to my decision.

1.) Do any of the brands prevent use of the spare tire if needed at some point? Will they block the ability to use the spare?

2.) Is there and issues with a tow package? My truck currently does not have the tow package. It has the hole in the bumper for the ball placement, but I would like to have a tow package installed under the bumper to the frame or however they do it.

3.) Any thoughts on the best choice? Does dynomax have full stainless steel dual rear exits? Magnaflow seems to be the highest priced of these options, is it worth it?

I appreciate any info.

Quick Reply: Exhaust installation ?