3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stupid running light wire..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
moosefire66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry stupid running light wire..

After having my passenger side rear running light out for over 6 months, I decided to fix the problem. My tail lamp is slightly busted open, due to being hit , so I assumed moisture got into the housing and burnt out the bulb. After getting new bulbs and still not working, I heard that the Circuit board that holds the bulbs goes bad often. Well instead of replacing that simple $20 board, I got all new L.E.D. tail lamps off of ebay . Installed them, and low and behold, it wasnt the circuit board . After tracing wires for an hour, I found that one of the wires looked as if it was cut in half. No other wires though. And ofcourse moisture got into the wire. So after trimming some of the wire back to expose some of the "copper" wire, I installed a new wire and BINGO! the lights work . So now I take off my old broked lamp and put on the nice, new lamp. While pushing on the lens to pop in the studs, CRACK! the outside of the lens barely touches the truck, and cracks . Im about to cut off my baby toe just to forget about all of this bull!! This is a meaningless thread, but needed to vent to someone somewhere somehow. So thanks for readin all of this, and now join me in a beer or ten.....

Quick Reply: stupid running light wire..