3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

alarm / remote start ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 PM
sunneh63031
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question alarm / remote start ?

its has a remote start/alarm

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...12870&langId=-1

this is the one it is but there is wires disconnected ill try and get some pictures up and see if maybe there is somethign that i can do to get it up and running ill look at it some more a bit later and try and explain a bit better

one main thing is that the horn has a cut red wire which is the power wire for the horn i suppose.

but in side the truck coming off the actual box it self is a blue and a red wire i looked around and couldnt really see where they came from there is also a 4 pin connector thats just there and no idea where it goes to.

I have the manual for it but im not experienced in this stuff i dont wanna go trying to reconnect things and have the thing not start again on me iv only had the truck for three days now lol.

if you need more details i have some pics of the wires but i have to get them off my phone and there not the best quality either.

Two other things i also have a CD changer that i need to identify i have a serial number but no model number the only signifing mark on it is what looks like a D that has a boomerang around it.

If you want i can upload the manual so you can browser threw it to maybe offer some help.

Thanks very much in advance.

http://rapidshare.com/files/19823144...-6773.pdf.html

i tried reading but im not one big on schematics and iv heard Remote starts are a big pain! and add in all the alarm crap and im totally lost

Last edited by sunneh63031; 02-14-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:32 AM
sunneh63031
Rookie

ok heres what iv come up with iv got the 4 pin connector that was loose found where it plugs in to
(so i think) the red and blue wire underneath are the wires that controll the LED on the dash, but theres no pin connector to plug it in to the main box ( is there a way to get one that would ?) they seem like there pretty common iv seen these connectors on everything from computers to now cars.

no on to the issue of in the hood

I have one Red wire coming off the siren thats loose

then i also have one thats coming off the hood pin (safety shut off) that is also red

I cant see anything that was connected to these or any other wires that were once connected.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:34 AM
sunneh63031
Rookie

White w/ Black Trace Wire: (+)
Siren Output
This is the positive siren feed wire. Route this wire through a grommet in the firewall to the siren
location. Connect the White w/ Black Trace wire to the Red wire of the Siren. Secure the Black wire

of the Siren to a known chassis ground or solid clean metal surface.

Quick Reply: alarm / remote start ?