3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
rbrumm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re ?

A few questions.
Since I do not see the twist on cooling filter I assume there is not one for this tranny. Second...I assume it is not too terribly difficult adjust the bands on the tranny. Any thing I should watch out for? Any suggestions on a good drain plug to put into the pan...welded or other. (I think if I had one I would do a partial change of the fluid every season.)
Is this tranny reliable I've read some things but nobody really writes about good things just the bad.

Thanks everyone

Old 02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Remember the torque numbers for the bands are listed in "inch pounds" not "foot pounds". People have done that mistake. I had about 160 000 miles on my '98 Ram (when I traded it in) with no tranny issues.

If you haven't done it already check out the 2nd gen section for questions on your drivetrain. The guys over there have been running the same drivetrain as you for alot of years and are very knowledgeable. You'll probably get quicker answers on drivetrain questions as there will be more people over there are running the same or similar drivetrains than there are here on the 3rd gen.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Thanks, Good idea I'll do both.

Can't get too much information.

Quick Reply: 46re ?