3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab FUSES!! Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 PM
hbkkicker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab FUSES!! Please Help!!

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab. We pulled the factory radio unit out but apparently forgot to disconnect the battery. We went to hook up the new head unit and there was not any power to the unit. We hooked the old unit back up and still no power. I checked the fuse box under the hood and none of the fuses are blown. Is there a fuse somewhere else like an inline fuse or a fuse box in the cab of the truck? Please help me because we are finishing this install in the morning!! Thank you!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
InfernoRedHemi
Veteran

I don't know the answer but if I post you will be moved back up to the first page and maybe get somebody's attention.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hbkkicker
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab. We pulled the factory radio unit out but apparently forgot to disconnect the battery. We went to hook up the new head unit and there was not any power to the unit. We hooked the old unit back up and still no power. I checked the fuse box under the hood and none of the fuses are blown. Is there a fuse somewhere else like an inline fuse or a fuse box in the cab of the truck? Please help me because we are finishing this install in the morning!! Thank you!
that sucks but sorry i cant help you. im going to replace my head unit soon and its good that you brought to my attention this problem otherwise i wouldnt know what not to do.
you might want to see where the wire goes and there might be a problem along the way.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM
forum4mitch

hello im having the SAME PROBLEM!!! i have used a tester light and everything and i dont have a clue on what happened! have you figured it out yet?? i would really like some help on this!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:07 AM
snomkela
Default Fuses, Fuses, Fuses

I was installing my stereo a couple of weeks ago and I (like a dummy) didn't disconnect the battery. I found out I blew a fuse in the fuse box. I looked it up and it was the I.O.D fuse. Ignition Off Draw. I believe it was a 20 amp fuse. When you open the lid on the fuse box it should be the one in the upper right hand side.

Kevin Simmons

Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you guys have not done it yet, you need to take a meter and check for voltage (with ign on) at the radios harness. After verifying no voltage it there then take the meter and do continuity checks on all your fuses in the panel.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab FUSES!! Please Help!!