3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Remote Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
zkeith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Remote Start Issue

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it. I am currently unable to use my truck's remote start. I hit the button twice, but all it does is enbale the security system. Did my key get re-programmed some how?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Scorpio_08_HEMI
Rookie

Did you hit the panic button ? If you did you have to reset the system by inserting the key and turn it on or start the truck. Then the remote start should work. Thats how it works on my 08.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 PM
zkeith

I didn't hit the panic, and I've since had it started and drove it around. Still doesn't work though. It just honks once, and arms the alarm.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 PM
zkeith

Problem solved. I just put a SRT-10 hood on, and I must have left off a rubber bumper or something. I zip tied down the hood plunger and it fired right up remotely.

I was expecting there to be an indicator light in the dash cluster. Oh wel, it works!

Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start Issue