3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Im pissed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 05:48 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

yeah thats where we're pretty lucky around here...could leave the doors unlocked and no one would ever bother with it...course around my house everyone has seen me carry enough guns into the place to start my own war so don't think i'd have a problem anyways lol.....i guess thats the good thing bout living in a small town, no one bothers ya with anything

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:28 AM
Hemi.Black
Professional

Originally Posted by The Peddler
I have even heard of people using the go home button on the gps, and then breaking into your house. That's why I did'nt set my home on my gps.
I thought that was a joke at first. I had my buddys GPS in my truck when i was heading out of town. Good thing i took the GPS out of my truck when i got back home.

but yea that sucks dude.

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:36 AM
09W3500
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemiyellow
around my house everyone has seen me carry enough guns into the place to start my own war so...
I'm new to this forum but I like your attitude. I HATE thieves.

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:57 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hemiyellow
course around my house everyone has seen me carry enough guns into the place to start my own war so don't think i'd have a problem anyways lol
lol people just stare at you as you bring in like three MG42's haha

yeah but dude look into tints they are good for preventing break ins plus i just like having them because of the look lol

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:29 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Another thing concerning GPS' in your car....if you use the suction cup bracket, when you remove it, you can usually see the circle on the window where the suction cup was. Well, the thieves can see that as well, thus tipping them off that there may be a GPS in your ride. It is important to wipe that off so it is not visible. I have a friction mount so it leaves no evidence. Having your truck broke into sucks.

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:35 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rssjib
Another thing concerning GPS' in your car....if you use the suction cup bracket, when you remove it, you can usually see the circle on the window where the suction cup was. Well, the thieves can see that as well, thus tipping them off that there may be a GPS in your ride. It is important to wipe that off so it is not visible. I have a friction mount so it leaves no evidence. Having your truck broke into sucks.

+1. gotta get rid of that suction ring, and hide the whole entire unit, there was a whole news report on that by me in the late fall.

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:40 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

yea that sucks about the alarm. i have a barracuda alarm. it has glass break sensors in each door so if someone taps or breaks the glass the alarm will sound.

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:44 AM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
|
Veteran

i do carry! glock 23 .40 cal
but i was at work...came out and saw it...
ya i hope they try and come to my house! after i whoop some a$$ ill go to their van and get my stuff back!
turns out i have a $500 deductable so looks like its comin out of pocket...best price i got was $250 installed

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:45 AM
05BIGHORN
Rookie

they did that for a GPS and a pair of glasses. i think that that cheap thief needs to get into a better profession. here where i live they are selling garmin gps's for $129 at best buy... something definitely not worth breaking in a window for.

Last edited by 05BIGHORN; 02-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2009 | 12:03 PM
yooper_mtu

They did the same thing to me too. Same door/window. All they got out of my truck was a Best Buy bag with a EMPTY cell phone box. They opened my glove box too but didn’t take anything. I hope he cut an artery in his arm and BLED TO DEATH…

I ended up replacing the window for $125 and adding a Hornet car alarm for a couple of hundred dollars.

I hate thieves too.

Quick Reply: Im pissed