3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Window Problem plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 03:58 PM
BigRed27
|
Default Power Window Problem plz help!

I have a 2005 ram 1500 hemi. My power windows have been having problems for some time now...a while ago they wuld go out and i'd just turn the car off and on and they'd work..then after a while i'd have to turn the car off and leave it off for a short period of time and they'd start working again...then a couple months ago they went out after not having problems for a couple weeks and stopped working for about a week. Then they randomly started working again and about a week ago they went out again and still arent back on. 2 days ago I was playing with the switch and started hittin the roll down switch over n over again really fast and it moved the windows down just a little. If someone culd plz lend a mind in tryin to fix this problem i'd be soooo greatful.

Thanks a lot!!
Matt

Old 02-24-2009 | 04:06 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

thats funny... i mean not really, but it is. I have an 04, and my passenger side went out like that, and is still doing it, but seems to be stable for awhile now. Take your door panel off, and give it a look, see if you can find any loose wiring. It could be shorting out too, maybe? When the window goes out, is it inoperable with both switches, or just driver side? If just the driver side switch, youve probably got a bad switch... i would think, im no moderator though...

Old 02-24-2009 | 04:56 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

that is a real common problem with 2nd gen durangos. I had it in mine, and fixed it up no problem. they worked fine until i sold it, now i dont know how they are doing. when i get home from work ill see if i cant find the pics and such that i took. but basically, take the window motor out, take the motor apart, clean up or replace the brushes, and put it all back together. took about an hour for me to do 2 windows. and that was taking my time.

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:45 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

My '03 does that as well. Usually, it's the switches (most often driver's door). I've not been able to pin mine down. Every time I start diagnosing, I can't get it to fail.

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:21 AM
gonzzo23

I was having the same problem in my 03 QC. The front right door the switches at that door didn't work at all and the switch on the driver side for the right door didn't work some times. I took the panel with switches out had a lose wire on it, worked good for a few months then happened again. Ended up taking to the dealership still had warranty on it they replaced the switches on the right door. It's been working good since about 2 years now.

Quick Reply: Power Window Problem plz help!