3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals. How to get around that tank. Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I've had this setup in my mind for quite a while and now I see that it can be done. It looks great. I'm gonna "borrow" your pics and take them with me as a reference whenever I have my exhaust intalled. haha. Thanks man.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
KickGas

First, I just wanted to let you know that you have a awesome looking truck!

I had true duals installed and it did kill the low-end power, and I believe some top end. Mid is killer! I had dual 40's and a second Dodge tip installed and cut through the drivers side. Next stop, X-Pype.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 PM
MOPAR78
Veteran

Originally Posted by KickGas
First, I just wanted to let you know that you have a awesome looking truck!

I had true duals installed and it did kill the low-end power, and I believe some top end. Mid is killer! I had dual 40's and a second Dodge tip installed and cut through the drivers side. Next stop, X-Pype.
Thanks Man!!

You'll notice a big difference with the cross-over pipe (X or H). X works the best.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mopar78 thats an awesome setup.. I think Im gonna go pick up some tube and start bending up my dual set up this weekend, I was gonna go with short tube headers and keep my magnaflow exhaust but youve inspired me to go LT.. What brand are you LT's?? I need to start pricing some out..

Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
megablacktank
Professional

dude i like the setup. that is freaking awsome. you do those your self. like your ride to. if you took them to someone who was it i would be willing to drive to waco to get mine done. i think i am going to go exhaust depot to get my exhaust.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:31 AM
MOPAR78
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeThunder
Hey Mopar78 thats an awesome setup.. I think Im gonna go pick up some tube and start bending up my dual set up this weekend, I was gonna go with short tube headers and keep my magnaflow exhaust but youve inspired me to go LT.. What brand are you LT's?? I need to start pricing some out..
Thanks man!!

I do not have headers yet, but I want the Dynatech's.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 AM
MOPAR78
Veteran

Originally Posted by megablacktank
dude i like the setup. that is freaking awsome. you do those your self. like your ride to. if you took them to someone who was it i would be willing to drive to waco to get mine done. i think i am going to go exhaust depot to get my exhaust.
Thanks again!!

Bowdon muffler in Carrolton, Ga did the work for me. I had to show them hands on how I wanted it done. Seems everyone thinks it can't be done because of the tank.

I see you live in Leesburg, Albany is my home town. My family still lives down there in Leesburg.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Cdaddydodge
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a lot of people love this post!! Well so do i, i am looking at a decent setup my self ( 04 ram 1500 4.7 MAG!) 2 glass packs and just like the setup you have, one thing...Bending the pipe, can you rent a pipe bender or should i call "Bender" ( Form futurama)? I will take some pics myself and post in here if that's ok...

I am hoping that others will post as well. 3" Dia stock pipe and some adapters for now... pics up soon...

Cheers,
Cdaddy

Quick Reply: True Duals. How to get around that tank. Pic's