3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Warning Light - NOT Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
KYBrons
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Warning Light - NOT Flashing

Brake warning light stays on - NOT flashing - after e-brake released. Drive for a few minutes and it will usually go out when applying the brakes - not e-brake. Then comes back on...sometimes when deccelerating, sometimes when braking. I have a Chilton manual with wiring diagrams, but this is not covered or discussed at all. The owners manual kind of indicates that there may be reasons besides the e-brake which will cause the light to come on but doesn't provide any useful info. Brakes are still functioning well...no noticable change in braking.

Any ideas?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

I have a similar problem occassionaly. Every once in a while, my Emergency brake light will blink instead of stay steady. All that i do is pull up on the e-brake handle, and let it slam back into place. that usually works.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
sos
All Star

A solid on light also means that you have a problem with your brake system. It could be something as simple as a low fluid level or worn pads (which would make it seem like a low fluid level because the pads have to travel further).

Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
dazed01
Veteran

I would check that your brake fluid is not low, and that your parking brake pedal is returning all the way. If your fluid is low make sure you don't have a leak and check the pads to make sure they aren't worn out before just adding fluid.

Quick Reply: Brake Warning Light - NOT Flashing