3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 AM
oneluv912
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bed Cover

Has anyone heard of the brand Trail FX when it comes to fiber glass bed covers? If so is that a pretty decent brand? I ordered on 4 weeks ago and it when on back order. I was only expecting to wait 2 weeks but 4 weeks later i'm still here. If I call back on Tuesday and they still haven't shipped it I was thinking of cancelling the order. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen them before and they look like pretty quality covers good luck getting it soon

Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

i do know they make some better quality stuff out there...their tubesteps are the best quality i have seen, i would hope they carry that over to their other products as well. Also, i don't think you can buy direct from them, so you are probably waiting on the local distributor to be the middle man, which could be taking longer too.

Last edited by Redone4x4; 03-02-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Cruzin90
Rookie

Just to let you know: Trail FX doesn't really make anything. It's a private label brand by Keystone Automotive. Keystone is a wholesaler of truck accessories. Keystone has a "deal" with a manufacturer. So, while the cover says Trail FX, it's really made by someone else, like Leer, or Snuglid, Jason, etc. I don't know who actually makes the cover for Keystone.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cruzin90
Just to let you know: Trail FX doesn't really make anything. It's a private label brand by Keystone Automotive. Keystone is a wholesaler of truck accessories. Keystone has a "deal" with a manufacturer. So, while the cover says Trail FX, it's really made by someone else, like Leer, or Snuglid, Jason, etc. I don't know who actually makes the cover for Keystone.
this sounds about right. I was trying to order a replacement pad for my sidestep over the phone and the lady said she thought Westin made them. Then she said no, trailfx did, but i had to call keystone to find a distributor that sold the steps. either way, its a high-quality product, its highly recommended in a few shops out here.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

The average cost of a fiberglass cover ive seen is about 1000.00 bucks. If you are paying close to that, why not look into a leer or lund, new vision...If the cost is similar, why wait?

Quick Reply: Bed Cover