3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Ram Aftermarket stereo wiring adapter not powering up new head unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
maggfx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Ram Aftermarket stereo wiring adapter not powering up new head unit

I just recently bought a new sony deck and was trying to install the wiring harness and had no power to new stereo. So i pugged back in the factory stereo and it powered up. So I check the pins on the plugs and they did not match each other. So I took back the wiring harness and found the worng one was in the box. Brought it back home to find it also did not work and still some prongs were not matching. has anyone ran into this? If so will need to hard wiring it. Thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

i only get my audio stuff threw crutchfield...greatest customer service and they always send ya all the hookups for free. send back the sony and get it threw www.crutchfield.com and save some money and headace to boot

Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
i only get my audio stuff threw crutchfield...greatest customer service and they always send ya all the hookups for free. send back the sony and get it threw www.crutchfield.com and save some money and headace to boot
Crutchfield is the only place i will get a headunit from they send you every thing and it is pretty cheap not to mention the great instructions you get for everything

Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
07rammer

do you have the infinity sound system stock? if so there is an amp mounted under the dash and it throws everything for a loop when trying to put in an aftermarket stereo..

i basically rewired each door from the head unit with all new speaker wire to basically bypass the amp...and the for the power wires i got the basic wiring harness from metra electronics and only hooked up the red yellow and ground using their harness...its a real pain when dealing with installing aaftermarket stereos with the infinity sound system...

rewiring new wire to the doors will also help if and when you want to put in new speakers...the factory amp has a built in crossover and if you plug in aftermarket speakers it will not sound like it should, infact it will sound worse than it would with all factory sound equipment.

Quick Reply: 06 Ram Aftermarket stereo wiring adapter not powering up new head unit