3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem Solved?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
rbrumm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Solved?

A few weeks ago I started a threat about dropping the trans fluid and when done the p0748 code lit up. Tried a new governor solenoid with no luck, same problem. Took it to a mechanic and he told me he would jump the trans relay and get the truck to work, then it wouldn't. I spoke to him tonight and he told me that there is a circuit board under the fuse/relay box. (Power Dist. Box?) Did a search with no results on anyone having this problem.

Anyone ever heard of a problem like this? He tells me the part is $400 new.

Does anyone know, other than a salvage yard, where a person could get one of these?

Thanks

Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
traker1001
Captain

whats wrong with salvage yard?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Probably nothing, but by the looks of the location, this board is somewhat exposed. Since it is an electronic part I wonder if I wouldn't have another problem later. I will probably check the yards anyway.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Mechanic says he may bypass the fuse box for the transmission relay. He is getting continuity on the hot plug and one next to it...bad Integrated Power Module? Still seems like odd circumstances. Anyone have a fuse box go bad for any individual circuit?

Quick Reply: Problem Solved?