3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS/Brake light on...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/Brake light on...

I had the rear diff sensor replaced 3 times within a couple months.
It came on today so I figure hey, they just fixed it, take it back and they should fix it for free. I was waiting in the waiting room for a couple hours when they came to me and said the sensor was good, much to my amazement.

Finally they figured out the problem. The ABS control module was "soaked" and caused ABS/Brake light and speedo to jump. They had to get a pressurized hose and get all the water out and dry it off.

I purchased an extended warranty not to long ago because mine expired through chrysler contracts, and it says the ABS controller is covered under warranty but since it wasnt broke it doesnt cover it. Lol go figure!

Bill=375.89 that includes 89.99 diagnostic. So learn from my mistake, all 3 hours of it and 375.89 worth of it.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the diagnostic charge is bull*hit!!!
i took my old camaro in to have them diagnose it and they told me $60 just to hook up the computer and said they still wouldnt know untill i bought a $300 dollar part.
since then i have not been to the dealership at all! i do all my own wrenching!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
dazed01
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something about that sounds like BS.

Quick Reply: ABS/Brake light on...