3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

0-60 times

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

22 hp and 34 lb/tq new you can get at moesperformance for 318 used you can get around 250

Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by dunkindirk41
I have a 08 Ram Hemi and I got the Edge Programmer for it. I currently had JET perforamce chip in it. I took off the JET chip b/c I thought the edge programmer was going to work.. Spoke with tech support and only fits 08 haha i was disappointed..Anyways still took truck out and ran 0 to 60 6.84 seconds with stock setup and CAI. Will put JET Chip back on tomorrow and hook the edge programmer and see if I see any results. Will then have the send the edge programmer back and wait until the 08 version comes out. I thought the time was pretty decent myself. What do you guys think?
That is a pretty good time for a truck that is basically stock. I am curious to see what happens when you put the chip back on and run it again.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
dunkindirk41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea me too. i have the rear resonator removed but i dont think that has anything to do with hp and time

Old 03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
dunkindirk41

i will run it tonight with the jet. its like 20 degrees colder than it was 3 days ago so that might have an effect as well

Old 03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dunkindirk41
I have a 08 Ram Hemi and I got the Edge Programmer for it. I currently had JET perforamce chip in it. I took off the JET chip b/c I thought the edge programmer was going to work.. Spoke with tech support and only fits 08 haha i was disappointed..Anyways still took truck out and ran 0 to 60 6.84 seconds with stock setup and CAI. Will put JET Chip back on tomorrow and hook the edge programmer and see if I see any results. Will then have the send the edge programmer back and wait until the 08 version comes out. I thought the time was pretty decent myself. What do you guys think?
What is a Jet chip?

Old 03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

ok be sure to post your time. also this is a little off topic, but do you like the mavs? lol

Last edited by SilverBullet08; 03-11-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Dedogg Jet chips are chips that plug in between the cables that go to your pcm. Check out their site here http://www.jetchip.com/# I have a stage 1 on my little 3.7 since it is the only option for my engine other than B&G. I noticed a little gain on the butt dyno, but programmers like superchips and diablo are better b/c they give you so many more options.

dunkindirk41 how are you timing your runs? Also make sure your disconnect and reconnect your battery cable when installing your chip. I can't wait to see your results.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by chambers
Dedogg Jet chips are chips that plug in between the cables that go to your pcm. Check out their site here http://www.jetchip.com/# I have a stage 1 on my little 3.7 since it is the only option for my engine other than B&G. I noticed a little gain on the butt dyno, but programmers like superchips and diablo are better b/c they give you so many more options.

dunkindirk41 how are you timing your runs? Also make sure your disconnect and reconnect your battery cable when installing your chip. I can't wait to see your results.
So you can only use one or the other, not both of them together?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

You could use both but it would be a waste of money. Wait for the programmer b/c it will provide many options for your truck while the Jet chip only changes a few things and has a bad reputation on these forums.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
dunkindirk41

yea i like the mavs.. im 6'6 and i played basketball in high school and college and i got the nickname Dirk from some of my teammates because of my looks. i do look alot like him minus all the long hair haha. and also that i was a big man but i loved to stand around and shoot 3's all the time lol.. But im timing the runs with the edge evolution. See i had the jet chip for about a year now and wanted to upgrade so i got the edge evolution. only problem was only worked on 07 models not my 08..it still functions as far as times and rpm and mph and oil temp etc but no power programming. So they guy never told me that so im sending it back to him. So i either have to wait on 08 version of Edge or go ahead and get Superchip

Quick Reply: 0-60 times