3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gear OIL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Gear OIL!!!

Guys, where do you buy your gear oil..... 75w140 for the rear and 75w90 for the front. For some freakin reason my area no one has 75w140. everything in between but not that.. and not even in the most popular brands mobil1, RP, amsoil. I want to use Mobil1 because i've always used that for everything with good results so I'm a bit brand loyal. Anyone have any websites or anything to order it off of. I was looking on Advance autos website and it says they carry it so worst comes to worst I see if they can special order three quarts for me but i'm just like WTF mate lol. and internet searches don't yield any websites I'd feel comfortable giving my credit card info to so if anyone has a site they have had experience with then please say so.

and advance auto wants 18 bux for a quart of the 75w140 and 10 for 75w90 which doesn't sound to bad to me. prolly run me about 100 bucks all said and done with friction mod from the dealer and some formagasket/RTV. in comparison to over 200 for the dealer to do it. and the piece and tranquility of working on my truck... ahhhh glory.

Quick Reply: Gear OIL!!!