3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 owners - a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM
KBoltz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 owners - a question

As you guys know, I bought MY WIFE a new 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport. Well, it has been in the shop twice (and today will make it three times) for the damn back window leaking.

Whoever they are using sucks, he used black rtv in one corner after R&R of the rear window the first time (and it leaked worse afterwards) that looks like **** and has had a negative impact on the leaking.

Is this something I should just take to a reputable car glass installer and have them weatherstrip it like our old 2003 Ram was? To say this least, this is irritating the hell out of SWMBO.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Depends on if the dealership will pay for it, it is a defect in my eyes and your warranty should cover it. I would have them test the area before they give it back to you, in the mean time give you a rental.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
08arhemi
Professional

You should have it covered under your warranty. Have the dealership fix it until you or them get tired of fixing it...a glass shop would probably be much faster for ya.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 PM
sos
All Star

Do you have a lemon law in your state? After several attempts to fix the same problem, you can invoke it if your state has one.

Quick Reply: 08 owners - a question