DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/193781-has-anyone-solved-an-abs-light-brake-warning-light-no-speedo-symptom.html)

dandhluv 01-27-2014 05:24 PM

Brake/abs/no speedo problem

iangoround - i have heat and radio but do not have control of location of where the heat goes and the temperature setting. mirror defroster button and a/c button does not respond - will check to see if messing with the key does anything after it starts.

izero - I changed the one on the transmission and rear differential and still nothing. haven't been able to check under the fuse box because it is so d.... cold outside. there are also two abs sensors on the front brakes - do you think they are bad?

Izero 01-28-2014 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by dandhluv (Post 3127352)
iangoround - i have heat and radio but do not have control of location of where the heat goes and the temperature setting. mirror defroster button and a/c button does not respond - will check to see if messing with the key does anything after it starts.

izero - I changed the one on the transmission and rear differential and still nothing. haven't been able to check under the fuse box because it is so d.... cold outside. there are also two abs sensors on the front brakes - do you think they are bad?

It's possible... Honestly the dealer's starscan and DRB-III Tools will be able to pinpoint exactly which sensor is showing a fault...

The ignition switch is a possibility and just jiggling the key around isn't guaranteed to help, so it very well could still be the ignition switch.

Pull the C-Codes (use method posted in the link in my signature)... and post them EXACTLY as they appear on the dash. (If we get a code for a fault at the FCM then we can narrow it down to corrosion on the fuse box or a faulty FCM)

This truly sounds like an electrical problem, so it could be a short or malfunction at the HVAC controls themselves or a problem all the way back at the FCM/IPM...

Have you checked the underside of the fusebox for corrosion yet? That is the cause of most electrical issues on 2002-2005 Rams...

dandhluv 01-29-2014 03:17 PM

izero - What I did notice is that the previous owner had a remote start on it and disconnected and removed the wiring to the wiring harness in the steering column. I noticed the wiring under the carpet and removed it but I have seen videos on how to install yourself and I am thinking that maybe one of the wires may shorting out or not connecting right. Your thoughts? I will get back to you on the codes when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help so far.

dandhluv 01-29-2014 03:21 PM

izero - can't find the link to check c-codes in your your signature link.

dandhluv 02-03-2014 04:57 PM

izero - checked the check engine light and it comes up with a P5001 code

Izero 02-04-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dandhluv (Post 3130085)
izero - checked the check engine light and it comes up with a P5001 code

That code doesn't exist...

Do you mean P0501?

You may want to look further into that remote start installation... as there are definitely some wires that could be causing you some issues.

dandhluv 02-06-2014 08:55 AM

izero - P0501 is the code that came up. I will be checking the wiring under the steering column soon to see what I uncover.

Izero 02-06-2014 09:24 AM

There's some good troubleshooting info here:

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/6vxh...onths-ago.html

Definitely let me know what you find in the column...

I've seen quite a few messes from botched installs of R/S systems...

Jk55 01-09-2019 06:01 PM

ABS/BRAKE light, air bag, no speedo or trip working.

2002 dakota 3.9l v6 4x4. Codes reads P0500 for rear and wheel speed sensor. I have replaced the rear wheel speed sensor, pcm, head light switch and ignition switch. Dealer told me it was the pcm. They were wrong. I can not figure this out. I have read all the threads and people have said RWAL. Anyone out there that can help me? And does anyone know the electrical connector that's mounted in the inner wheel well on the driver side? Thinking I got water in it and that could cause problem.

HeyYou 01-09-2019 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jk55 (Post 3425094)
2002 dakota 3.9l v6 4x4. Codes reads P0500 for rear and wheel speed sensor. I have replaced the rear wheel speed sensor, pcm, head light switch and ignition switch. Dealer told me it was the pcm. They were wrong. I can not figure this out. I have read all the threads and people have said RWAL. Anyone out there that can help me? And does anyone know the electrical connector that's mounted in the inner wheel well on the driver side? Thinking I got water in it and that could cause problem.

You need to be in the second gen Dakota section.

That said, if you are still getting the code for the rear wheel speed sensor, even after you have replaced it, check the wiring.