3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
bbeamer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom?

I have an 06 2500 and the ABS light and Brake warning light are on and speedo not working. I replaced the speed sensor in the rear diff, no change. All fuses are good.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

are you throwing any codes??

Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 PM
bbeamer

No codes but a slight miracle....

Just after I posted the question I went out to pick up my Daughter from school, started the truck and NO problems. Go figure.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
sos
All Star

Those symptoms usually point to the rear ABS/speedo sensor bad or loose connection. It's mounted right on the differential, and a fairly easy and inexpensive fix.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran

Maybe you have water pooled up in the abs control module. I fixed my wheel speed sensor and then the lights came back. Took it to the dealer was informed water was causing the sensor to activate the lights...not covered under warranty...

Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you reset the computer after changing the sensor?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
stealth13690

I had the same problem back in December and was forced to take it to the stealership because I was sick of the problem happening. They charged me a couple hundred, all in labor, and found corrosion on the ABS Control Module. They cleaned the corrosion and no problems since.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
twelvepak
Unhappy No Speedo

Where is the abs control module mouted? I have an 05 dodge 3500, 2wd, 6spd. Does the same thing. I replaced the speed sensor on the rearend, took it to the stealership, had it flashed, and still no speedo. I think because the brake light and abs light are both on that it may be the abs module. I've been told the signal goes there first then to the speedo. The computer has to be reading the speed sensor because the miles to empty are calculating to the " T " . I need help. Thanx.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 AM
bbeamer

The ABS module is located inside the engine compartment on the left side near the fender well near the master cylinder. My truck has two batteries and the module is between the battery and the firewall. You can easily unclip this and check for wetness.

There are service manuals on this forum which you can search for, if needed.

I read that you also need to cycle the key/ignition several times after changing the speed sensor in the rear end. This can be done manually or it will normally occur after several normal trips. I believe this is what I did. I cycled the ignition about twenty or thirty times, then it went away. I do not know if you can reset the computer any other way once a new sensor is put in.

Also, check your fuses. There was a small 5 amp fuse I was having trouble with.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
draco8494
Captain

had the same prob, truck shifted funny too, i just unplugged most of the tranny wires and cleaned em out, that seemed to fix it...i also had my truck up to the doors in mud tho.....

Quick Reply: Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom?