3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Soshallbuterfli
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit???

hey i hope im posting this in the correct section, I own a 02 Ram v6 and i need to go threw emmisions, this is my 3rd dodge- love em! never had a problem with them until now, i went in for emmisions and right before it was my turn to test my truck stalled and check engine light came on. I get mostly code p1495, occasionally it throws p1282 ans p1388 i cant find out what the problem is. After the truck sits for about 45 min it will run fine for a little while, then when it dies if you have your ear close enough to the fuse box you hear a zapping sound like electical sound. it makes me think i need to replace the comp?? but why would it throw a leak detection code? Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:48 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a clue, but I think if you post in the 3rd gen. forum you will get more hits from people who could help like Hammer. The v6 section is mostly where us v6 owners post about mods we do or plan to do on our trucks. Good luck getting your truck fixed.

Quick Reply: Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit???