3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wrecked my 2005 RAM, questions regarding parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 AM
vwbuggin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked my 2005 RAM, questions regarding parts

Hello,

I am new to this site, and have some questions regarding my dodge ram. Unfortunately I am not a mechanically inclined person as I am female and am not particually sure what to do about the damage I have done to my Dodge RAM. It is a 2005 1500 Lamarie with a hemi 4x4. It's got the special body kit that comes on some dodges and I am not sure of it's name. I drove over a median at a high speed so I busted my right tire, screwed up the suspencion on the left side (possibly bent the frame), and totally busted my front bumper. My problem is I do not know how to go about getting a new bumper for this vehicle as it's not the "typical" bumper that is on most RAMS. It has fog lights and a bottom skirt to it. My profile picture I put up shows part of the front bumper before it was wrecked.

I chose to post here because I was hoping for some advice. I know I will need a mechanics help to fix the suspension but my husband will be able to reattach a new bumper and we want to save every cent that we can!

I have looked online but am having trouble distinguishing of these are the same bumpers as they seem to look slightly different.

Any help would be appreciated leading me in the correct direction. I hate my truck looks like some ghetto torn up piece of junk right now.

Thank you,

Kerri

Attached Thumbnails Wrecked my 2005 RAM, questions regarding parts-100_5697.jpg  

Last edited by vwbuggin; 03-20-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: add a picture
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 AM
pavester
Professional

this link for the "body kit"
not exactly sure which one you need. consult your build sheet.

http://3rdstrike.biz/cart/index.php?...88b7ed15471e8d

for your bumper, your build sheet will also tell you which one you got. most likely a apperance package. you would have the best luck buying a used one of craigslist/ebay or searching aftermarket websites for the bumper.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

if your frame is bent it could possibly be totaled. although it doesnt sound like you completetly wrecked the truck, from what ive read whenever the frame is messed up it might not worth fixing and could be rendered totaled, might not be the worst thing casue you wouldnt want to be driving on a frame thats been tweaked.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
traker1001
Captain

If its not to bad the frame can be repaired just as safetly as new. The bumper sounds like you are talking about an SLT bumper with the foglights. The lower portion you are talking about is the valence, It is actually a seperate peice, When you buy the bumper make sure to ask for the valence to.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

If you aren't familiar with "build sheet"; take your VIN to the dealer parts/service and ask for a build sheet. It will list all the options/features that originally came with your vehicle, including bumper, etc.

That's the best way to make sure you are getting the same thing (other than comparing side-by-side).

Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you suspect you've done damage to the frame, I'd take it to a shop you trust and have it looked at first, before investing any money in parts, odds are it is repairable, but you should know to what extent the damage is before dumping money into it...

Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

[QUOTE=HammerZ71;1596273]If you suspect you've done damage to the frame, I'd take it to a shop you trust and have it looked at first, before investing any money in parts, odds are it is repairable, but you should know to what extent the damage is before dumping money into it...[/QUOTE]

thats what i was getting at...just with too many words haha.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my 2005 RAM, questions regarding parts