3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Does this look bright??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 PM
seawind3000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check mine with eyelids and see if I can produce the same cutoff. The HIDs are cooler then the stock halagens. As I said, I don't want to blind anyone. With the lights turned down5 turns I've had no flashes from oncoming traffic. Here in Newfoundland, Canada we don't have an inspection program, it got canned about 15 years ago because shops were allegedly gouging people. I'm 47 years old and drive very defensively. We have 500,000 people here in Newfoundland and 500,000 sq miles, so traffic is very light to say the least. Late at night I don't want to hit a 1500 lb moose.

You make it sound like I am going around "blinding" everyone when I have already taken steps to protect the drivers I meet on the road. I have noticed that just about every car that has "fog" lights have them on with there low beams and that is also illegal. If I mess around with my HIDs and annoy people, the "feds" will want to talk to me. If any one sports around a little too much the "feds" will use the fog lights issue to pull you over. But if you (we) keep our nose clean the Feds will have no problem with our HIDs or fog/ low beam combo. Don't drive around like an ar$s hole we will all be fine. I don't want to sound like I'm coming on strong but I'm not out to hurt or blind anyone...... but the lights are nice..right

Last edited by seawind3000; 03-22-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old 03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummm. fog lights arent illegal with your low beams.... maybe if they are as bright as yours lol

Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Rebeltilldeath3
Professional

Originally Posted by seawind3000
I'll check mine with eyelids and see if I can produce the same cutoff. The HIDs are cooler then the stock halagens. As I said, I don't want to blind anyone. With the lights turned down5 turns I've had no flashes from oncoming traffic. Here in Newfoundland, Canada we don't have an inspection program, it got canned about 15 years ago because shops were allegedly gouging people. I'm 47 years old and drive very defensively. We have 500,000 people here in Newfoundland and 500,000 sq miles, so traffic is very light to say the least. Late at night I don't want to hit a 1500 lb moose.

You make it sound like I am going around "blinding" everyone when I have already taken steps to protect the drivers I meet on the road. I have noticed that just about every car that has "fog" lights have them on with there low beams and that is also illegal. If I mess around with my HIDs and annoy people, the "feds" will want to talk to me. If any one sports around a little too much the "feds" will use the fog lights issue to pull you over. But if you (we) keep our nose clean the Feds will have no problem with our HIDs or fog/ low beam combo. Don't drive around like an ar$s hole we will all be fine. I don't want to sound like I'm coming on strong but I'm not out to hurt or blind anyone...... but the lights are nice..right

The lights are awesome man.

I was just letting you know so you don't run into trouble with the law or a pissed off driver. Also, with projector housings, you might be happier with the light.

I know from personal experience, and many stories on the internet, that HID's in non-projector housings are blinding to the point of seeing spots after they drive by.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
ummm. fog lights arent illegal with your low beams.... maybe if they are as bright as yours lol
different countries = different laws.

Every dodge i see around always has low beam + fog. I'd love to wire in the high beam + fog myself (on the Dako).

Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Are the lights 4300K on the headlights?
Lights look great, but the pictures do make them appear to be brighter than they actually are, I found that out with mine tonight.
From what I've seen, I don't like the cars around here with stock projectors, because they seem insanely bright far away, then as you come closer, the lights seem to dim down, then become like halogens, and have no color to them.
But when I have HIDs in the headlights, I plan to have projectors also. But that won't be until this summer.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 PM
seawind3000
Professional

In Canada you are not allowed to have Fogs and low beam on the same time but no one ever gets stoped for it unless you are driving poorly and the fog light are the only reason they can stop you. There was a thread here a few days ago of a guy who got stoped for starting off too fast, no wheel spin, just starting too fast. That is a cop who is looking for something.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM
seawind3000
Professional

All three sets are 4300k. The head lights have a slight yellow tint because of the halogen DRL/Hi beam bulb on the side of the HID bulb.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by seawind3000
All three sets are 4300k. The head lights have a slight yellow tint because of the halogen DRL/Hi beam bulb on the side of the HID bulb.
Alright. I was thinking of getting those for my Hellas, but decided that I didn't want to have mine too bright.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 PM
seawind3000
Professional

Here is a snap of the halogen setup

Attached Thumbnails Does this look bright??-halogen-low-and-fogs.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:01 AM
bananafarmer
Professional

i like the look man one day i hope to have mine looking like that

Quick Reply: Does this look bright??