3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I too have installed my Hellas

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I too have installed my Hellas

However, this thread is a little bit different.
I have pictures, phone pictures at night, so they aren't the best, but you can understand the gist of it. Wish I had one from the cab, because you can tell they are on.
But before I explain what I did, I'll post some pictures up first.
Name:  032209_210100.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  27.4 KB
From a little distance away
Name:  032209_210101.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  26.1 KB
Getting closer
Name:  032209_210200.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  27.6 KB
Aren't the so pretty?

So you might notice the color on the last ones. Thinking "WTF dude, those things are completely blue." Well, there's a reason for that.
That would be because my lights are packing two 6000K HIDs. Extremely bright, but I did aim them with some consideration. First driving with them, I got flashed by someone, so I pulled over on another road, aimed them down a little bit, and took back off with them. You can tell they are on, because it's like a blue paint can spilled in front of me, then they blend in with the lights, then you can just make out some road signs just beyond my headlights. It's not like they are pointed up, at most they are aiming parallel with the ground.
However, you can definitely tell that they aren't headlights. When I shut off my headlights against these, they don't scope out near as far, seeming more like a pencil beam. Walking out ahead of the truck, as if I was oncoming traffic, you mostly just notice that there is a blue light in front of me, not really blinding.
But anyways, these lights are completely worth it, as I do some driving out in the country at night, and the upgrade to HIDs was more than worth it.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look good. I would like to see a pic from the cab to see how much light those things throw with the HID's in them.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

now put some HID headlights and fog lights in, and you'll own night-time traffic.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
They look good. I would like to see a pic from the cab to see how much light those things throw with the HID's in them.
Will do, but I'll do that some other night when it's not so ugly out. Because I want to get quite a few shots of them, get a few good angles. The only bad thing is the camera makes that one front shot seem like they are really bright, but they actually aren't. Don't get me wrong, they throw out a lot of light, but shouldn't be an illegal amount.

And if any of you ever thinks of upgrading the lights in them to HIDs, do it. I got a great deal on the HIDs thanks to Kindschi, so I'm never going to complain about them.

And I don't have the stock fogs, but I plan on putting HIDs in the headlights, get some good light out of them.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

congrats i too have hellas now they are great

Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
congrats i too have hellas now they are great
I know, but I think that my lights might possibly be just a tad bit brighter than yours. Mostly being that they are 6000K. But post up some pictures of yours if you upgrade the bulbs, I'd like to see how they compare to ones like mine.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ried69
I know, but I think that my lights might possibly be just a tad bit brighter than yours. Mostly being that they are 6000K. But post up some pictures of yours if you upgrade the bulbs, I'd like to see how they compare to ones like mine.
i know yours are brighter. idk if i am gonna upgrade yet. gonna work on the trans temp gauge now..

Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should buy the factory fogs. If you have a slt you are pre-wired for them.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Agreed!! Yes, I added the Hellas first, then added the OEM fogs. The foglights will definitely help out things. Those lights look cool.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
You should buy the factory fogs. If you have a slt you are pre-wired for them.
I have an SLT, so I might have to look into them. Everything that I do will depend upon the hours that I'm able to put in this summer. Unfortunately, it'll mostly be in August that I could have the most of the stuff bought. If things go as I hope, I'll be working from 8-6 M-F, and 8-4 on Saturdays, unless if summer hours apply to me also, then it'll be 7-6 M-F, and I think 7-4 Saturday. So with those hours I can hopefully make some good money. Then buy some projectors, stock fogs, and some other mods.

Quick Reply: I too have installed my Hellas