3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD Hemi Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
GeminiZ06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD Hemi Owner

I used to own a dodge truck in college. Now I own a 2008 Z06, 2008 Rav4 (aptly named the Pug mobile) and a 2004 Dodge truck!!

Got a SCREAMING deal for it so I took the plunge. It has 31K miles.

Question: I live in Orange County, CA - anyone know of a good shop to do some work to my new toy?

I also need to change the engine oil. I have read some people complain about a tick. I must be lucky - all I hear is the sound of what a smooth running sewing machine would sound like. But in any case - I would really like to put the best stuff in, seeing this bad boy will be towing soon.

On my other vehicles - most forum members would come to a consensus on the best oils based on UOA's - for the Z - it was PP, AMS, even M1.

What do you guys think of AMS for this truck? Where do you buy the Wix filters? Part number? I HAVE read the FAQ - and it was essentially all over the board. And if that is the case and all works fine, then so be it.

However, I have not found a list of synthetic oils that meets the MS spec (I don't remember the correct spec number) - only M1. Any advice on that spec would be great.

Also - anyone know where I can get a pdf of the service manual?

Thx in advance.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF Gemini! Ill move this thread over to the 3rd Gen Ram Section for some better input on your questions. I am sure someone can help ya, even if they are old and senial like Hammerz71 or some others! jk I am sure you'll see him and the others over there, though. Good luck and enjoy the site man

Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search it has been covered many,many times...

Quick Reply: New 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD Hemi Owner