3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 AM
kicker417
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tires

so after tryin out this BFG A/T tires they were not that bad at all they handle good in all types of weather and did darn good in the mud(325/60/20) size of the tires i would recomend this tires to anybody dont knwo why people say they are bad. Yeah they are pricey but worth it i have put about 20,000 miles on these and they still look like they can handle another 15,000 because of some peel out i did on them but yeah my next choice is goin to be NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS 35/12.50/20 dont care about the road noise well just have to see how good they are in the MUD pics 2morrow as for they are not install yet because just pick them up

Old 04-03-2009, 01:03 AM
mopar6spd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my BFG's... One thing that is kind of a pain with them is that they love to throw rocks. Can't beat them for their performance in the mud as well as snow!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Ive liked the BFG's for as long as I can remember, and when I have a choice, I run em. They tend to be pricey though, and can say that. I ran the A/T's on my jeep, and they took me many places. Plus, they just look good. Hopefully I will be able to afford the A/T's when I get new tires for the ram

Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 AM
JMB3384
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them on my 03' 2500 ram after the factory ones wore out and I loved them. they went through everything real well and drive nice on the road for the time I had them. I only had them for a few months before getting rid of the truck though. The prices are very high whichs is probably going to keep me from buying them when I get my next set of tires... which is soon. I like the Terra Grapplers and the Toyo Open Country A/T's also but I found another tire I think I am going with. The price is good, they are rated welland they look pretty good too (similar to the Toyo OC's). They are called Cooper Zeon LTZ. I heard that they are a private model offered only by Discount tire which sucks... don't like them lol! There are small shops that got a hold of the tires though. I found them for close to $700 shipped for my 06' Ram (factory 20's). However, I want to step up a size or two so they might be a little more than that. If you know of these tires or look them up let me know what you think! But yeah BFG's would have been my first choice!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

The cooper Zeons are a popular tire on this site right now. There are a few people running them that thoroughly enjoy them. Silverbullet being one of them if Im not mistaken.

Quick Reply: new tires