3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

badge sticky $hit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just debadged on Thursday and painted them black. I reinstalled them using waterproof silicone and it worked fine. Then today I decided that I didn't really like the look of black badges on a black truck so I took them back off. They were stuck on there as good as they were when they had the factory sticky stuff on them.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you strip the black sticky stuff off the truck(which I don't recomend) get some 3M trim/emblem tape. If you left the blackstuff on your truck them go buy some 3M adhesive and just glue them back on right where they came from. I think it was HEMI44 that did his like that also. I used the 3m tape for the 4x4's that I put on the doors and yes you apply it to the back of the emblems and trim. You want to make sure you trim the tape a shade smaller so that it doesn't show so much behind the emblem.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

When i took mine off there was still foam adhesive on the door. I used 3M Emblem adhesive i got at O'Reillys. It just stuck the emblems back on to the adhesive and not the paint.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
When i took mine off there was still foam adhesive on the door. I used 3M Emblem adhesive i got at O'Reillys. It just stuck the emblems back on to the adhesive and not the paint.
yeah^^^ I did what he did except for the 4x4's that I added,those I used the 3m tape like I said.

Quick Reply: badge sticky $hit