3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ebay HID kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay HID kits

Well guys, this is a well questioned topic!

I got a kit from HID's by Twiggy about 1 1/2 years back. $200 for lifetime warranty bi-zenon 5000K kit. Good deal, I thought it was expensive but i now know that it was well worth it. Had a few problems, but all were fixed for free by him!

Now to the Ebay kits...I ordered one from Trips Customs off of Ebay or Xtreme HIDs(xtremehids.com). Needed them for Christmas, ordered 2 weeks before (Dec 12) and they arrived January 17th after he swore he sent them on Dec 12 (postmarked Jan 15th or 16th?) Sent me the wrong ones, sent them back. Guess what? No HID kit, he ignores my emails and calls...Im out the money and the HID kit. I disputed it on paypal and he sent them the tracking number, so they wouldn't refund me.

Since he didn't send it in time, I ordered another kit off of ebay from Xenon Products (a Mculloch? Kit) I got that kit, and it once again was the wrong kit. I sent it back after them sending me the return address and authorization. Guess what??? No refund and No Kit!!! but i cannot claim it because they have a tracking number and it says that it was sent (and not that I returned it) Now they will not return calls or emails...

Long story short, buy from premium dealers and do not go the cheap way out because I am out another $200 and could have bought another kit from Tim at Twiggy's

Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
kicker417
Veteran

i have bought some from ebay got the correct ones and only spent 59.00 shipped and work like a charm maybe your luck

Old 04-07-2009, 12:07 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

wow that sucks, those guys ripped you off good. there should be some law to get them off of ebay and behind bars. i wonder if anyone else had problems with them?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Matt99
Champion

yea pretty crappy...two in a row!!

but might be my luck, twiggy helped me out so much and I didnt go with him for my fogs, probably a sign lol

Old 04-07-2009, 03:11 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim is ACE.
Great customer service and he WILL put things right if the need arises.
I personally can't say too much about his service.
I'm not affiliated to him in any way as I live here in the UK. But I must give props when due and I often do in threads such as this.
Twiggy is 100% focused and customer orientated.
You might possibly pay less on e-bay...........but when you have a problem which you probably will, where's your back up?
Where is your "lifetime warranty"??????????
Twiggy has all this and quality 100% reliable working kits to suit most applications.
Al

Last edited by abarmby; 04-07-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 AM
denice25
Rookie

That's bad!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

There are a lot of sellers on ebay who sell the same kits under different names. Did you not have your tracking number from when you sent it back? Also, file a dispute with your back or CC and ***** PP. I had a similar issue with PP and and they rejected mine. I filed with my bank (Navy Fed CU) and it took a while and lots of faxing of papers but I got all $300+ back.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
AK Rover
Rookie

I ordered my kits from HIDwholesale on ebay. I paid $225 for bi-xenon kits and had them in 3 days. When they first arrived they sent me the single beam kits but I called and had the correct bulbs along with a relay harness and return mailing label in 3 days. I haven't compared a lot of kits so I'm not really sure where these fall on the quality scale but they are working quite well so far. That really sucks that you had such a bad experience.

One place to avoid is 70dollarhid.com. Their basic kit is $70 and covered by a lifetime warranty but their customer service sucks. I ordered from them and finally after 2 weeks of being told my order had shipped I demanded a refund. A buddy of mine who is a moderator on a Rover forum got a HID kit from this company to try and I really liked how compact the ballasts are so I figured I would order from them.

Quick Reply: Ebay HID kits