3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got new wheels/tires and body lift....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your on the pavement almost all the time M/T's might not be the way to go. also, maybe those pro comps where so loud cause the tires where aired up ALL the way?

Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

The reason those tires are so loud on pavement is because they are Rock Crawling tires

ProComp Xtreme All Terrains, Nitto/Toyo MT or AT's are all pretty aggressive looking and aren't nearly as loud as the tires you have now.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:04 PM
greendragonslim

Originally Posted by jk360
Wheels came monday and body lift came tuesday. I put the wheels/tires on last night and not sure when the lift is going in. I might attempt it friday. The tires aren't new but they're 35x12.5x17 pro-comp xterrains on mickey thompson classic II's. no rubbin at all but i did crank up the torsion bars awhile ago. Once i sell my stock rims and Zeons im gonna either order these tires again or the nitto mug grapplers. depends on $$ and if 4wheelparts does the buy 3 get 1 free of pro-comp. next after the lift are new shocks.. prob rancho's. I just cant wait for the lift to be in!!! its gonna look sick!!

your truck is probably my favorite color that I've seen on the 3rd gen rams

Old 04-12-2009, 04:58 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Grey is the best color. It also gets the best gas mileage. Get that damn lift on there already!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
jk360
Veteran

vscapes: yeah theyre at 45psi.. max is 50.

greendragon: thank you.

and dodge it: grey might get better gas mileage, but this color blue gives me 15 more horsepower!! haha.... and yeah the lift goes in on saturday. hey quick question, are you runnin 37's on just a body lift? any rubbin or issues? i was thinkin about it yesterday that if i can run 35's with just a torsion level i should def be able to run 37's with the body lift also.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man looks badA and have you taken it anywere to see if it rubs because i am divided between 33's and 35's because i dont want rubbing but if i can clear the 35's with just a torsion crank and decent flex then i will get them and you should def think about the toya MT they are great tires and quiet with a good tread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
jk360
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
man looks badA and have you taken it anywere to see if it rubs because i am divided between 33's and 35's because i dont want rubbing but if i can clear the 35's with just a torsion crank and decent flex then i will get them and you should def think about the toya MT they are great tires and quiet with a good tread
they only rubbed once, but i was backing out of a steep driveway with the wheel cranked all the way to the right and the tires just caught the plastic valance under the passenger side bumper.. but besides that nothing. and the toyos are nice. i found the toyos for about 325 each shipped, the nittos for about 300 each shipped, the cooper stt about 260 each shipped, and the pro comps mud for between 280-300 each shipped... so im lookin around 1200 max. so i dunno. i think i like the nittos the most.. they just look sick on every wheel or truck or both.. i just hope they are much quieter than what i have now!

Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
jk360
Veteran

so after doing some more research i think im gonna go witht he toyo open country m/t's.. they seem to be pretty quiet for a mud terrain and i hear they have good tread wear... now i just need to sell these damn stock wheels and coopers so i can order em!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
jk360
Veteran

we're puttin the lift in tomorrow so hopefully ill have some pics up by sunday.. also putting in my brothers new cat-back dual exhaust on his 06 1500 he just picked up last week.. its a day for the dodges!! oh and not goin toyo.. too much $$. prob doin either pro-comp xtreme mud terrains or bfg mud terrains.. leanin towards pro comp. that extra loot i save will go toeards new shocks and a bull bar... damn these trucks are addicting.. thank god i quit smoking! now i just gotta quit drinkin................ haha yeah right!!!

Quick Reply: Got new wheels/tires and body lift....