3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what size tires and wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpheus
Man that sucks. You should have gotten an 07 and not an 08. On an 07 you can put any size tire you want on but do to the super secret suspension that was put on the 08 you have to only use stock tire size. Do a search and you will see that I'm right...
dang alphie, do you always have to pick on the newb i mean, you are still kind of new yourself and yet you do this everytime. did you use the search function your first few posts?
for the new guy, welcome for the forum and yeah you can use a 17x9 rim and the size should be no problem. i have a 22x9.5 with 305 tires and i have no rubbing
i guess now you know to use the search forum

Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Alpheus
Banned
Default etiquette

Originally Posted by raminator08
dang alphie, do you always have to pick on the newb i mean, you are still kind of new yourself and yet you do this everytime. did you use the search function your first few posts?
for the new guy, welcome for the forum and yeah you can use a 17x9 rim and the size should be no problem. i have a 22x9.5 with 305 tires and i have no rubbing
i guess now you know to use the search forum
Yes,yes I did. Its called forum etiquette. I wanted the real answers to my questions and not just answers from newbs and thread count ******. Why bother you guys with petty stuff when I know the answer is in here somewhere and because I take pride in my truck and want the best for it, I search out the info and not take the easy way out. And yes I may be new here but in other forums on the net I am one of the bigwigs and I know the rules as well as follow them. Even the rules on this forum are posted I believe rule # 4 is a good fit, how many times has this been asked and answered? Lets find out shall we...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=649042

Last edited by Alpheus; 04-09-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Alpheus
Yes,yes I did. Its called forum etiquette. I wanted the real answers to my questions and not just answers from newbs and thread count ******. Why bother you guys with petty stuff when I know the answer is in here somewhere and because I take pride in my truck and want the best for it, I search out the info and not take the easy way out. And yes I may be new here but in other forums on the net I am one of the bigwigs and I know the rules as well as follow them. Even the rules on this forum are posted I believe rule # 4 is a good fit, how many times has this been asked and answered?
Actually, some of the newbs on here might know more than any of us. Just because they are new to the forum doesnt mean they are new to trucks. And the people who are here longer do come to learn more info by just being on the forum. Besides, the new guy doesnt always know how to use the search function especially if this is the first ever forum he is been on. Anyway, I dont think anyone here really follows the rules word for word. For most of us, this is a place to come and relax. I mean we already have enough of rules in our daily life.
And if you dont like all the repitition, then just ignore the post instead of trying to make the new guy feel bad. I mean after all, you are not forced to answer every thread.

Last edited by raminator08; 04-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Alpheus
Banned

I know. I was just having fun with him. I knew that if I chimed in with a BS answer that a bunch of people would jump on after me and clarify...

Old 04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd go with the 9" wide wheel for a 305 which is 12.25" wide. A 305 on an 8" tire is squeeeezing it. Not to mention it will look wider on a wider rim. 4.75" is only 3/4" further out than stock plus the extra width of tire which will be about 1.5" further out from what you have now.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
cline

cool, thanks for all the help! i figured i'd get some **** for being a new guy, its alright.

Quick Reply: what size tires and wheels???