3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Ram Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Jeepsrock
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the people at AutoAlarmPro (the above link) and asked them for their suggestions. They suggested their x1 vss system which basically integrates to the stock system and uses the original key remotes.

The dude was pretty sure it should be pretty straightforward with their install instructions, anyone have experience with their x1 unit ? For 100$, it hard to go wrong...

Additionally, i went to a couple of local installers and one of them recommended the Hornet 727T, which is an add on for stock systems as well. He said that would be 300$ installed ?

What do you guys think.

Pete

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepsrock
I called the people at AutoAlarmPro (the above link) and asked them for their suggestions. They suggested their x1 vss system which basically integrates to the stock system and uses the original key remotes.

The dude was pretty sure it should be pretty straightforward with their install instructions, anyone have experience with their x1 unit ? For 100$, it hard to go wrong...

Additionally, i went to a couple of local installers and one of them recommended the Hornet 727T, which is an add on for stock systems as well. He said that would be 300$ installed ?

What do you guys think.

Pete
Auto Alarm pro will hook you up brother. Easy instuctions. Go back to their sire and look on the left for Installer Testimanials. You'll see I made a post and Derek is awesome. I did have an issue with my antenna and he sent another out immediately. I WILL be buying from them again.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by raminator08
oh yeah, most of the breakins i hear involve those portable GPS units. just gotta remember to take them out when you leave the truck
Hell yea..I don't even leave the mount stuck to my windshield. They can have my cheap tomtom just don't bust out my window...bastards. Same goes for any cables hooked up to the Aux on the factory radio...I don't want people thinking there's a mp3 payer on the other end.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Hell yea..I don't even leave the mount stuck to my windshield. They can have my cheap tomtom just don't bust out my window...bastards. Same goes for any cables hooked up to the Aux on the factory radio...I don't want people thinking there's a mp3 payer on the other end.
thats why I bought my pioneer stereo with the ipod cable hooked in the back which goes around into the glove compartment so you dont see any cables out. when you leave, you just to make sure you take your faceplate out which is really easy

Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Jeepsrock
Rookie

I just placed the order for the x1 from AlarmAutoPro.
http://autoalarmpro.com/x1_add_on_al...actory_remotes

I will let you folks know how it goes.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Pete

Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I have a syteck security system on mine. Love it, I can control the whole truck from really far away. I set it off by throwing a empty can of coke in the back the other day, and the thunder set it off..I smile every time. Haha

Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Jeepsrock
Rookie

The alarm kit came in today, at first glance it seems pretty complete and comprehensive.

Unfortunately the truck is still at the body shop, so I can't do much.

Out of curiosity, for comparison/verification does anyone have access to the wire and color codes for a Ram 08 ?

Pete

Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Try looking HERE

Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Jeepsrock
Rookie

Unfortunately they don't have stuff for an 08 Ram.

Anyway, I am going to try this weekend, where do u folks install ur red light. On the left of the st wheel there is a curve, above or below it ?

Pete

Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
SlimJim24
Rookie

Originally Posted by raminator08
thats why I bought my pioneer stereo with the ipod cable hooked in the back which goes around into the glove compartment so you dont see any cables out. when you leave, you just to make sure you take your faceplate out which is really easy
i'm looking at a cd player just like that, how much did yours cost?

Quick Reply: 08 Ram Alarm