3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Line-X Xtra

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty cool. I didn't even know they came in color. I have a tonneau cover and was looking at something to line my bed. I was going to get a bed rug but now I'll have to reconsider.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:23 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Like mentioned previously, the colors wil fade over time. A pink bed would be a disaster! Good thing I have a shell. lol

Old 04-11-2009, 10:05 AM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Like mentioned previously, the colors wil fade over time. A pink bed would be a disaster! Good thing I have a shell. lol

I know the Line-x in my backyard offers a Kevlar protection for about $150. If you ever take the cap off it might be a good idea. The Kevlar protection is sopposed to keep the color from fading while adding more protection to the bed. By the way you truck looks AWESOME. Definetley will have my vote for TOTM.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavy_Sack
I have a buddy that has a RED LINE-X and of course of the years it is starting to faded without protection of a cover or campershell - but its starting to look almost pink... Whatch out there

I'm sure they have some kind of guarantee? i did notice on their website they have "freshen-up" coatings??? What's this if they warranty it?

Anyways, Red when faded does have a orange or Pink hue to it depending on certain chemical. This gets amplified when faded.

I personally am a fan of the black. I dunno if it's because that's what I'm used to or what? How much more was the color than the black?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

A couple hundred. I don't recall exactly. I wouldn't do the color if you can't keep it covered or parked in a garage. Dark colors like blue or black would robably be fine. But who wants to risk a pink bedliner? lol

Old 04-11-2009, 04:52 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I want to do something like that to my rocker panels. BTW your DIY on the body lift made up my mind I am gonna do it, hopefully this summer.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:54 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

A couple hundred. I don't recall exactly. I wouldn't do the color if you can't keep it covered or parked in a garage. Dark colors like blue or black would robably be fine. But who wants to risk a pink bedliner? lol
For one, my stepdad would take a pink bedliner. Hell, he'd probably even take a Mary Kay car.
The red looks nice, but I don't know how much I would like that. It makes me think of being red interior, mostly without the glossy look of the rest of your truck.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I hear ya on the glossy part, but I've yet to see a truck bed that actually stayed glossy after a year or two of use. Plus it looks good when I open the cap.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I’m sure any bedliner will fade over time if left exposed, no matter what color. Although black fading to gray, will still look a lot better than red fading to pink.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Heavy_Sack
Professional

I have Kevlar in my bedliner which is black yes it will fade over years but that the beauty of it...

Here is a pic of what use to be a red sprayliner Not to steer anyone away from it just let it be known!

Quick Reply: Line-X Xtra