3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Mega Cab - Slow moving after sitting overnight

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
sumncguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Mega Cab - Slow moving after sitting overnight

I read on this forum a while ago, that some experienced difficulty when shifting the truck into gear after it has been sitting for a while .. overnight ... or maybe for a day or two.

It eventually begins to move. I recently started having this problem and was looking for a fix if one is known ...

any ideas ??

Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low tranny fluid, most likely. The torque converter may be leaking down, causing a delay to move until the converter fills.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Claw
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's a common problem. Mine used to do it too, but it went away with a simple fix. It's from a faulty cooling line filter in the tranny. It lets the torque converter drain out when it sits long enough, resulting in delayed tranny engagement. The good news is that it doesn't hurt anything. I don't have the info on what the old vs. new filter part numbers are, but hopefully this will get you started in the right direction. Once you put in the updated filter, it should solve your problem.

Quick Reply: 06 Mega Cab - Slow moving after sitting overnight